Post-Doctoral Fellow - 28085 Faculty Description University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus College of Nursing - Office of Research and Scholarship Post-Doctoral Fellow/Trainee Position #00674345 – Requisition #28085
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time (1.00 FTE) clinical research postdoctoral fellow position. This position is located on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, CO.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
. Nature of Work/Scope of Research:
We are seeking a postdoctoral research fellow to work on two funded research studies about the impact of social and health policies on the lives of young people: (1) The Youth Abortion Project is a qualitative study with young people who had or considered abortion, and (2) Advancing Reproductive Justice among Immigrant Young Adults is a longitudinal qualitative and quantitative study exploring how immigration and health policy shape immigrant young adults' reproductive goals. There are also opportunities to collaborate with the Colorado Fertility Project at CU Boulder.
The ideal candidate's research program focuses on reproductive health, equity, and justice, including pregnancy desires, and contraceptive and abortion care.
The postdoctoral fellow will receive research mentoring from faculty, opportunities for professional development, resources through the Anschutz Medical Campus Postdoctoral Office, and multi-disciplinary collaborations across University of Colorado campuses, including the University of Colorado Population Research Center. Supervision Received:
This position will report to the Principal Investigator of a federally funded grant and the program manager of the project. Examples of Work Performed:
• Works with the investigators on finalizing study instruments and analysis plan
• Screens, schedules interviews, consents, and conducts qualitative interviews with young people in English and if possible, Spanish
• Collaborates with investigators, research assistants, and community partners
• Manages longitudinal survey data collection
• Assists with qualitative coding and analysis
• Assists with and begins to lead quantitative analyses
• With the guidance of the investigators, drafts manuscripts for presentation and publication in peer-reviewed journals
• Assists with project management including institutional review board, participant reimbursement, and organizing meetings
• Collaborates with investigators to develop new related research projects
• Pursues independent research Salary and Benefits:
Salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $54,840 - $66,600, which is in alignment with the most current NIH NRSA pay scale, based on years of postdoctoral experience. Career Level Years of Experience Stipend for FY 2022
7 or More $66,600
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- PhD, ScD, or DrPH in social science, nursing, public health, or other related field.
- Experience in qualitative research recruitment and interviewing
- Experience with survey development, data collection, and analysis
- Research, clinical, or social service experience in reproductive health
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and community organizations
- Experience utilizing verbal and written bilingual skills (Spanish/English) at a conversation level in a professional setting.
- Experience designing and implementing mixed-methods studies
- Experience with longitudinal qualitative or quantitative analysis
- Research, clinical, or social service experience working with young people and/or immigrant communities
- Experience with project management, including IRB submissions
- Strong scientific writing skills and an emerging track record of peer-reviewed publications and research grant applications
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of work
- Commitment to reproductive health equity and justice
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of staff, faculty, students, and community members
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems and apply quantitative analytical approaches
- Familiarity with statistical analytical concepts and methods
- Ability to effectively utilize computer software with thoroughness and accuracy
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Refer to requisition number: 28085. Questions should be directed to: College of Nursing Human Resources at [email protected]
. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers
and attach: 1. A research statement (2 pages maximum): Research experience and relevance to funded projects as described above, why you are interested in the fellowship, and long-term career goals 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. A copy of all relevant degrees/certifications (i.e. PhD) Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Job Category
: Faculty Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20468 - CON-DEAN ADMINISTRATION Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Nov 11, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: College of Nursing HR Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00674345
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency