IT Support Desk Technician, Professional Services: No Benefits - Contingency
Date: November 7, 2022Position Title: IT Support Desk Technician, Professional Services: No Benefits - Contingency
Department: Customer Support Job ID:
Work Hours/Schedule: 28 hours per week, flexible schedule (Flexibility is critical for this position. This position requires the availability to work evenings and weekends.)
Compensation: $16.00 per hour
Reports to: IT Support Desk Team Coordinator
Posting Close Date: Open Until FilledFor information on “Who are Professional Services, No-Benefit Employees?” please visit http://www.grcc.edu/humanresources/employeegroups/contingentemployees.Note: Flexibility is critical. This position requires the availability to work evenings and weekends. Hours may expand at different times throughout the year to accommodate campus needs.
The IT Customer Support Computer Technician provides the “voice of the customer” for the Information Technologies department and is the front-line point of contact for all staff and student related technology concerns and issues.
The IT Support Desk Technician's role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the College's desktop computing environment.
This position is part of a team, focused on providing exceptional service that exceeds user expectations. The proper candidate is a motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a desire to learn and expand technical proficiencies, and the ability to work within a collaborative, team-oriented environment.Essential Job Functions
- Provide first-line technical support to GRCC's students, faculty and staff via phone, chat, email, and face-to-face contact.
- Resolve or triage incoming tickets from students, staff and faculty concerning campus technology.
- Learn appropriate software, hardware, and cloud-based applications used and supported by the college and remain current on procedural changes.
- Support college enterprise applications such as campus email, PeopleSoft, Blackboard, Office applications and other applications used by GRCC.
- Collaborates with all IT staff to resolve customer and system issues.
- Troubleshoot and document software, hardware, and network service requests and issues.
- Troubleshoot and provide service to laptops and desktops, both remotely and onsite.
- Develop technical support documentation for Customer Support Knowledgebase.
- Review Customer Support Knowledgebase articles as a part of the KCS review cycle.
- Support Continual Service Improvement process by testing and providing feedback for new services.
- Provision guest wireless connections to campus events.
- Provide initial and follow-up support for college printers, peripherals and accessories.
- Follow through with end users to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Be available to other unit team members, especially student workers for guidance and assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with HIPAA, FERPA, GRCC policies, and related standards.
- Continually advance personal skill sets through college course work, research, and other educational opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Minimum Associates Degree preferred, with concentration in computer applications/networking or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year (preferred) customer service background with technology emphasis.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, G Suite, Blackboard, PeopleSoft, web pages.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot PC equipment and software problems.
- Must be proficient in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with people of diverse ages, ethnic, sexual orientation and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Possess mature judgment and be flexible in regard to interruptions.
- Must use good judgment in handling sensitive or difficult people and situations.
- Must have a good understanding of customer de-escalation techniques.
- Proficient in Internet navigational skills, with ability to upload and download documents.
- Must be self-motivated and resourceful, demonstrating initiative and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be collegial and collaborative.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Project a professional image, including punctuality and good attendance record.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Ability to perform daily routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to assist students and staff in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships and effectively work as a member of a team.
- Ability to learn new computer software and maintain up-to-date skills in computer technology.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to identify innovative approaches for service delivery that meet our customer needs.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to handle pressure situations in a professional manner.
- Possess mature judgment.
- Ability to learn and react quickly, make decisions and execute them expeditiously.
- Ability to work in a high traffic, indoor environment.
- Ability to work in a busy office with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed including nights and weekends.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs.
Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will remain open until filled
. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.grcc.edu/psp/job/EXTERNAL_APPLICANT/GRCC_HR/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=1434&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency