Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.Position Title:
Assistant Softball CoachPosition Number:
Women's Softball (division)Full-Time or Part-Time:
Reporting to the Head Softball Coach, the Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach to ensure the program’s success as directly related to the skill development and performance of the student-athletes, as well as the recruitment, retention, and conduct of the student-athletes. All staff members are responsible to the policy, procedures, and guidelines of Hofstra University and follow the job requirements specific to the particular assignments inherent to softball. This position requires working weekends and holidays and attending athletic events as appropriate.
Responsible for knowledge of NCAA rules and Regulations. If found responsible for a violation of NCAA regulations, will be subject to disciplinary or corrective action, including termination if appropriate. Also, may be responsible for any act or omission that may give rise to a finding that the University has violated an NCAA regulation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the player development as it relates to proper technique, advanced skill instruction, and competition strategy (specifically the outfield).
- Assist with evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes and prospective student athletes.
- Evaluate the performance, conduct, and abilities of individuals and groups as assigned by the Head Coach and Associate Head Coach.
- Assist, develop, and participate in program planning, game and practice preparation/schedules, and game day activities.
- Monitor and assist in areas as assigned including skill development in the outfield, recruitment, travel schedules (specifically food orders), academic enhancement, equipment, alumnae events, camps/clinics, fundraising, practice and game preparation, and administrative duties.
- Organize all alumnae contacts and plan all Alumnae Day operations.
- Create, assist, plan and organize all Camps or Clinics.
- Communicate effectively with the University, Departments, Staff, and student-athletes.
- Available to participate in public relations activities and community outreach programs as well as marketing and development initiatives.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedure of Hofstra University, Hofstra Athletic Department. CAA, and NCAA.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Associate Head Coach, and/or Athletic Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of Division I coaching experience or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.