Assistant/Associate Director of Athletics for Athletic Development and Strategic PartnershipsPosition Number:
Athletic Development (division)Full-Time or Part-Time:
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Athletics and Chief Revenue Officer, the Assistant/Associate Director of Athletics for Athletic Development and Strategic Partnerships is a member of the Athletic Department’s external relations team. This position is responsible for generating revenue through philanthropy, sponsorships, and strategic partnerships. This position requires working nights, weekends and occasionally holidays to attend appropriate athletic events.
Candidates must be willing and able to organize and handle all aspects of administration and adhere to the rules and regulations of Hofstra University, the Colonial Athletic Association, and the NCAA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Development
Sponsorship Sales and Tickets
- Work with head coaches to meet and exceed sport specific goals.
- Responsible for the organization of the department of athletics events including but not limited to homecoming, alumni days, and golf outings.
- Attend men’s basketball home games and oversee Pride Lounge hospitality area.
- Manage a donor portfolio of 200 prospects and meet annual solicitation, meeting, and dollars raised goals.
- Assist in the solicitation and sale of corporate sponsorships for the athletics department.
- Assist with corporate sponsor cultivation and entertainment.
- Responsible for the marketing and sales of all athletic inventory including signage, program sales, radio/television sales, promotions, poster, and schedule card sales.
- Acts as a liaison between the corporate community and the Pride Club soliciting Pride Club donations with corporate sponsorships.
- Responsible for the solicitation and sale of premium ticket areas including courtside, suite experiences, and hospitality.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Responsible for knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. If found responsible for a violation of NCAA regulations, will be subject to disciplinary or corrective action, including termination if appropriate. Also, may be responsible for any act or omission that may give rise to a finding that the University has violated an NCAA regulation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of revenue generation experience preferably in college athletics.
- Experience in development, sponsorship sales, marketing and/or ticket sales.
- Graphic design experience.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.