Assistant Professor of Business Analytics/Artificial IntelligencePosition Number:
School of BusinessDepartment:
Information Systems and Business AnalyticsFull-Time or Part-Time:
The Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics (IS/BAN) of the Frank G. Zarb School of Business at Hofstra University invites applications for two anticipated tenure-track assistant professors, starting in September 2023: one focused on Business Analytics & Artificial Intelligence and the second in Cybersecurity Management and Policy.The IS/BAN Department offers BBA/MBA/MS Programs in information systems, cybersecurity, business analytics, and business operations & healthcare analytics. The Cybersecurity Innovation and Research Center, opened in 2019, is a joint project of the Frank G. Zarb School of Business and the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science. The Center is a 1,000-square-foot facility equipped with AI-powered gamification learning systems and cutting-edge security devices. Students in the IS/BAN Department have the ability to engage in hands-on labs and research opportunities. Qualifications:
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:1) Business Analytics and Artificial Intelligence PositionThis position requires an earned doctorate (or ABD) in Business Analytics, Management Science, Statistics, MIS, or a closely related field with research focus in business analytics and artificial intelligence areas. The successful candidate will be able to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level in business analytics and artificial intelligence, such as database, data mining, programming, machine learning, deep enforcement learning, data visualization, healthcare analytics, and sports management analytics. Candidates are expected to have proficiency in multiple software packages (e.g., Java, R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Tableau, etc.).
2) Cybersecurity Management and Policy PositionThis position requires an earned doctorate (or ABD) in MIS/IS/CS or a closely related field with research focus in cybersecurity areas. The successful candidate will be able to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level in cybersecurity areas, such as information and network security, ethical hacking, IT risk management, IT security auditing, digital forensics, and security policy/regulation, as well as engage with industry professionals and a broad range of stakeholders.
The successful candidates will perform scholarly research leading to publications in the area(s) of specialization as required for tenure, and will be expected to provide services to the university and community, profession, and other services/duties as assigned by the department chair. The candidates should have a strong desire to work in a collaborative environment, support our students through the mentoring process, and serve the Hofstra community.
Preferred Quals Summary:
- An earned doctorate (or ABD) in the area(s) of specialization from an AACSB accredited (or equivalent) institution
- Demonstrated track record or potential for teaching excellence, scholarly research, and publication in peer reviewed journals
- Demonstrated evidence or potential to teach online courses with excellent communication skills
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in an educational environment
- Relevant industry experience
- Certificates in analytics (e.g., SAS, Google Data Analytics, Tableau) or in security (e.g., CCISP, Cisco CCNA Security, CISA, etc.) are a plus.
In addition to this application please upload: (a) cover letter with salary requirement; (b) curriculum vitae; © a copy of academic transcripts; (d) two samples of publications; (e) teaching evaluations, if any; and (f) contact information of three references.Deadline:
Review of applications will begin in September 2022 and continues until the position is filled.
Open until filledTenure Track:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.