Career Services Assistant, TemporaryPosition Type:
SA4852122Full or Part Time:
Part TimeEmployee Status :
08/22/2022Job Description Summary:
The rapidly growing Dale E. and Sarah Ann Fowler School of Engineering (FSE) seeks highly motivated colleagues to help build Chapman University’s newest school. Opened in the Fall of 2019, FSE offers undergraduate degree programs in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Software Engineering, and Electrical Engineering, and is located in the new Swenson Family Hall of Engineering.Responsibilities:
FSE is looking for a collaborative, goal-oriented individual with a growth mindset to join the team and fill the temporary role of Career Services Assistant. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate, external graduate student (enrolled in a graduate program outside of Chapman University), or part-time staff looking to gain experience and/or internship hours in career services or advising in a higher education setting. Reporting to the Career Specialist, the Career Services Assistant is a part-time, temporary position through May 2023 that may be extended for an additional term.
The Career Services Assistant will gain experience in advising engineering students on general career services including but not limited to resume writing, cover letter writing, job search strategies, LinkedIn, Handshake (Chapman University’s Online Career Portal), and relevant career resources and strategies. The Career Services Assistant will support the Career Specialist with coordinating and programming career-related events. Through preparation and coordination, the assistant will support various workshops, presentations, events, and work on assigned projects. Additionally, the assistant will provide administrative and marketing support to FSE career and internship services including the Chapman Engineering Student Accelerator (CESA) program, career related events, outreach to students, data collection and entry, and reporting. This role requires the individual to be a self-starter, go-getter and pro-active with the ability to coordinate and execute projects both on their own, and within a team environment.
CAREER SERVICES SUPPORT
- Advise Fowler School of Engineering students on resume writing, career resources, job searching techniques, LinkedIn, and other career-related inquiries
- Support Career Specialist by preparing and coordinating workshops for students on resume writing, cover letter writing, job search, and other resources and strategies
- Prepare and coordinate events and career programming using campus project management software and tools
- Operate Handshake, Chapman’s Career Portal, in an administrative capacity to make student appointments, answer general questions, and assist in other administrative functions
- Connect with faculty to organize classroom presentations on a variety of career-related topics and events
- Manage time and prioritization of daily assignments, and long-term projects that contribute to career services and student success
- Receive training and work towards developing expertise in advising students on resume writing, career resources, job searching strategy, career assessments, and any other relevant career education tools
- Work on further developing Chapman Engineering Student Accelerator (CESA) programming, advising, marketing, and administrative items
- Take minutes, provide feedback, and contribute to projects
- Work with FSE student population to gather data, feedback, and conduct surveys to measure effectiveness
- Create marketing campaigns and materials for FSE career-related items
- Provide excellent customer service, and learn commonly used software and online tools (training will be provided
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education and experience
- Interest/experience in higher education, school counseling, or career services
- Availability to work up to 19 hours per week (these hours may vary depending on event and programming needs) through May 2023
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends to support FSE and career related events and programs (dates will be provided in advance)
- Ability to meet with supervisor(s) and take instruction/direction
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize duties when faced with interruptions, distractions, and fluctuating workload and carry them out in a timely manner to meet deadlines and shifting priorities
- Ability to establish rapport with students, staff, faculty, leadership, campus partners and diverse constituencies
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey accurate information in a professional manner, with the ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups at all organizational levels
- Ability to problem solve and find creative solutions in a fast paced, student-centered environment
- Ability to schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings, events, presentations, and workshops.
- Strong commitment to customer service, collaboration, and team success.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to problem-solve, learn and make decisions that are consistent with, and in support of, school goals and objectives in accordance with university policy.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems needed for the position including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Teams), Windows Operating System, Zoom, etc.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Current enrollment in a graduate degree program for education, higher education, counseling, or related discipline.
- Prior experience in mentoring, academic advising, or teaching assistance
- Knowledge of engineering and technology labor market trends
This is a part-time, temporary staff position through May 2023 with the opportunity to continue for an additional term.
This posting is an opportunity for external students enrolled in a graduate program outside of Chapman University. Graduate students currently enrolled in a program at Chapman University may obtain more information and apply through Chapman’s Student Employment Portal. For more information and instructions to complete the application, visit www.chapman.edu/jobs
For more information and instructions to complete the application, visit: www.chapman.edu/jobs.
Application review will begin immediately and may close at any time without prior notice.
Chapman University is committed to providing a comprehensive employee benefits program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work-life balance. More information on Chapman’s benefits program may be found on the Office of Human Resources website.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening, credit check, and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.