Assistant/Associate Professor, Nuclear Radiology Clinician
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Medicine
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
The Department of Radiology at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine invites junior, mid-career, and senior-level (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) nuclear radiologists to apply for a full-time faculty position in the Department. UC Health hospital facilities are equipped with PET/CT, SPECT/CT, and cardiac CZT systems.Essential Functions
The candidate is expected to participate in multidisciplinary conferences, be actively involved in the education of residents, fellows, and medical students, and foster a collegial work environment. There are opportunities to pursue research interests and scholarly activities within the department and throughout the UC campus.
Responsibilities include the interpretation of a wide variety of general nuclear, nuclear cardiac, and hybrid molecular imaging (PET/CT, SPECT/CT) studies as well as the administration of therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals, including but not limited to I-131, Ra-223, Lu-177, and Y-90 radiolabeled agents. The position involves regular daytime Monday-Friday coverage, including some general radiology coverage, with nuclear medicine overnight and weekend home call.Minimum Requirements
- The qualified candidate should possess an M.D., D.O., M.D.-PhD., or foreign equivalent.
- Be board certified/eligible by the ABR in Diagnostic Radiology with Certification of Additional Qualification in Nuclear Radiology, or equivalent.
- Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert