Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
The Division of Urology at University of Cincinnati College of Medicine offers an immediate opening for a Faculty Physician in Urology to fill the position of a recently retired urologist. General urology candidates as well as fellowship trained/specialized candidates are welcome to apply. We accept early as well as mid-career urologists for this position.
The University of Cincinnati Urology Division participates in ambulatory care at UC Health, which is comprised of the flagship University of Cincinnati Medical Center (UCMC) and the nearby West Chester Hospital. UC Health serves a broad population and is the sole academic health system in the southwestern Ohio region, including patients from northern Kentucky, eastern Indiana, and southern Ohio. UCMC offers Quaternary Care and is the only Level 1 Trauma Center in our region. Our Urology Program at UC has been repeatedly recognized as among the Top 50 Urologic Programs in the United States by US News and World Report
. The resources available include robot-assisted da Vinci robots at both UCMC and WCH and MRI prostate imaging for biopsy and treatment selection (one of the first programs in the nation to pioneer MRI targeted US guided prostate biopsies using the Artemis machine for synchronization of prostate MRI with trans-rectal ultrasound at the time of biopsy). Essential Functions
The successful candidate will participate in:
- Clinical care and resident education.
- Ambulatory clinics.
- Operating room.
- Eligible for full, unrestricted licensure in the state of Ohio.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Completion of residency in Urology.
- Excellent clinical and communication skills.
- Commitment to our diverse, underserved patient population.
Interested candidates should contact Dr. Ayman Mahdy, Director, at [email protected]
or (513) 558-4388.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN