Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion. Job Overview
The Theoretical Particle Physics Group in the Department of Physics at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for a Post-doctoral Research Fellow position beginning September 1, 2023. Faculty members of the group are Philip Argyres, Joachim Brod, Alex Kagan, Rohana Wijewardhana and Jure Zupan. Current research interests of the Particle Theory Group include dark matter, flavor physics, phenomenology of the standard model, electro-weak symmetry breaking, multi-loop calculations, machine learning, supersymmetric field theories, string theory, physics of hot and dense quark matter, gravitational physics, cosmology, and particle astrophysics.Required Education
We are seeking applicants with a Ph.D. in theoretical particle physics or a closely related area.Required Experience
Experience in the fields of:
- Dark matter.
- Flavor physics
- Phenomenology of the standard model.
- Electro-weak symmetry breaking.
- Multi-loop calculations.
- Machine learning.
- Supersymmetric field theories.
- String theory.
- Physics of hot and dense quark matter.
- Gravitational physics.
- Particle astrophysics.
Interested and qualified candidates must complete our online application. As part of the online application you must attach:
- Current copy of your resume or CV.
- One-page (1) cover letter in pdf format giving the contact information for at least three (3) people willing to write a letter of reference on your behalf.
The deadline for applications is December 15, 2022, however applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Professor Joachim Brod by email at [email protected] Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN