About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2022-213Posting Start Date:
High School/GED Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Office Specialist- Student Life & EngagementDescription/Job Summary
Reporting to the Director of Student Life and Engagement, the Office Specialist performs administrative support work under general direction. This work includes supporting all student life programming and operational functions such as the Student Center and Food Pantry. The Office Specialist performs other support functions as requested. The Office Specialist is required to support all department functions including and may include events on evenings and weekends. Additionally, the Office Specialist performs front-counter reception services throughout the department.
- Assist with all support activities associated with the main mission of Student Life and Engagement
- Provides reception services for the department including greeting students and visitors, answering the phone, returning messages, and other communication support
- Assist with Student Center operations
- Helps with set up for meetings, workshops, and other events
- Monitors and supports the Food Pantry
- Assess and organize supplies, student giveaways, and other items to support student workshops and programs
- Assist in the development of flyers and other publications to support student programming
- Supports all necessary tasks associated with student programming including student engagement workshops, New Student Orientation, student government, student clubs and organizations
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in a similar or related role in higher education
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment
- Must be detailed oriented and possess good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheet
- Excellent customer service skills
- Associate Degree
- Community College Experience
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail