IT Security Architect
Will YOU Join Us? The Information Technology Department
at Rollins College is seeking an IT Security Architect to join their team! The IT Security Architect serves as a position of influence, and provides leadership, communication, design, analysis, implementation, and enforcement of the College's Information Security Program. Are you seeking opportunities to grow as an information security professional? Are you interested in helping develop a culture of information security across an organization? Do you like to collaborate with diverse technical and non-technical teams? Do you enjoy finding good solutions for nuanced problems? If yes, the IT Security Architect position at Rollins College might be your next career opportunity.
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 14th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”! Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us? Our Service Excellence Philosophy:
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience.Click here
to learn more about our commitment to Service Excellence at Rollins College! Benefits & Perks:
- 25 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 10 Days - Paid Holidays
- 5 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
- Plus More!
Rollins offers a competitive salary. Click here to review our full benefits package
. Job Summary:
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Responsible for IT Security solution design, program roadmap and implementation associated with the short and longer term strategic goals of the IT organization.
- Represent the IT Security team on IT Architecture Review Board.
- Conduct research and evaluate new IT Security technologies to develop plans consistent with desired business outcomes that will be cost effective and functional.
- Prepare IT Security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain proper record and documentation of IT Security design.
- Lead IT Security team and serve as liaison between other IT functional groups.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies, developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
- Prepare preventive and reactive measures adhering to industry standard.
- Monitor logging/SIEM solution and investigate potential security anomalies and prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintain IT systems security by monitoring and ensuring compliance through incident response analysis and risk assessment audits.
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security vulnerabilities; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Ensure that the principle of least privilege access is followed for appropriate Rollins systems.
- Provide Tier 3 support for the Help Desk and keep the Help Desk informed of all issues affecting users. Plan and set priorities for support cases.
- Utilize Help Desk ticketing software to coordinate user support and change management.
- Interact with product vendors and subject matter consultants, as needed, to resolve software and/or hardware issues.
- Plan, schedule and perform project work for team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Security or other IT related discipline preferred or equivalent experience typically gained through 3-5 years of relevant IT security experience.
- Ability to manage outside vendors and to negotiate contract terms/services.
- Demonstrated expertise in an environment that hosts multiple end point operating systems.
- Demonstrated expertise anti-virus protection, messaging and authentication.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
- Working knowledge of security best practices.
- Ability to act independently with minimum supervision in standard operating and problem-solving situations.
- Ability to understand, follow and communicate complex oral and written instructions.
- Superior detail orientation, with the ability to learn and work with new procedures, instructions and systems.
- Ability to maintain composure in a dynamic, fast pace and problem resolution environment.
- Understand and implements project management best practices.
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and collaboration skills with other IT and College personnel, contracted vendors, and service providers and the public.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Visio, Access and other business tools.
- IT security certification.
- IT experience working in a higher education environment.
- 3+ years of team and/or project leadership experience.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Campus-based position, working in an indoor office environment and outdoor working environment; required to carry work phone.
- Work requires visual strain, as well as occasional strenuous activity involving moderate lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, standing and walking.
- Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm, but this role requires flexibility, including some evening/weekend/holiday hours and regular and emergency call-out as needed.
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
About Rollins College:
- Cover Letter
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. to learn more, please click here
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities. FLSA Status:
Exempt Service Months:
To apply, visit https://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/493391/it-security-architect
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency