Outreach & Engagement Regional Program Manager - Region 3
Outreach & Engagement Regional Program Manager - Region 3 - 28059 University Staff Description
Who We Are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
The Office of Government Relations, Outreach & Engagement is charged with developing and implementing a public affairs strategy to address the legislative goals of the university. Position Summary:
The Office of Engagement was created in 2019 and exists within the Department of Government Relations, Outreach & Engagement (GROE). The Office of Engagement leads outreach and engagement on behalf of the president's office and the Board of Regents with key audiences across the state. The office supports the university's strategic priorities that include partnerships; community connections; programs that meet community needs; enrollment that reflects the diversity of Colorado; research collaborations with the campuses; experiential and employment opportunities for students/new alumni; and local level advocacy for CU's public policy priorities. Outreach & Engagement Regional Program Managers are field-based staff who assist in improving the public understanding and perception of CU, and to broaden and deepen CU's connections and ties to local communities across Colorado. Each Regional Program Manager must reside within a territory that will serve as that staff person's coverage area. This position is expected to work fully remote and/or out in the designated communities.
The Regional Program Manager in Region 3 (Southern/Southeastern Colorado) is primarily responsible for continuing existing engagement and identifying and leading new external outreach and engagement in 15 counties including: Baca, Bent, Chaffee, Crowley, Custer, El Paso, Fremont, Huerfano, Kiowa, Las Animas, Otero, Park, Prowers, Pueblo, and Teller. In addition, the Regional Program Manager will support and expand CU's network in ecosystems important to the university to strengthen relationship outside the university in coordination with campuses.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Engagement and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classification system. Where You Will Work:
This position has the ability to work remotely within their respective region (Southern/Southeastern Colorado). Periodic or occasional travel within region and CU Campuses is required. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado System Administration Office is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse workforce. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
What We Offer: Salary:
- Build meaningful, strategic, and ongoing relationships with key constituencies to connect the university's expertise and reach with community needs across the state. These constituencies include but are not limited to the K-12 school system, students and families of school-age children, other higher education institutions, business groups and industry partners, health care providers, diverse communities, community organizations, foundations, rural advocacy groups, etc.
- Educate the public and business, civic and education groups about the student opportunities, academic programs, and value that CU provides to citizens of Colorado.
- Serve as a hub to connect individuals and entities in ecosystems important to CU to the campuses.
- Serve as a hub to connect the university to industry to optimize the workforce pipeline.
- Foster important connections and trust with diverse communities.
- Gather field intelligence and feedback about public perceptions of CU and community/workforce interests and needs.
- Recommend membership and sponsorship opportunities with organizations important to CU's mission and goals to the Assistant Vice President of Engagement.
- Serve as the local planning and advance staff for statewide engagement tours and community events hosted by the CU president, Regents, and university staff.
- Collaborate with other System Office staff and campus staff to align outreach and engagement activities.
The anticipated hiring range has been established at $90,000-$105,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.
More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
Five (5) years of relevant work experience in an outward facing role for a community-based or regional-based advocacy organization, a non-profit foundation, or in a community relations position within industry. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Ability to work after hours and occasional weekends or on-call, as needed. Ability to spend days and occasional nights away from home for in-state travel. Preferred Qualifications:
Seven (7) years of relevant work experience. Knowledge of the K-12 education system in Colorado. Knowledge of higher education institutions in Colorado. Bilingual literacy in Spanish. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, employees will need to know the following:
- Demonstrated experience in relationship and partnership building and ongoing relationship management with a broad and diverse body of constituencies.
- Proven success in promoting equity and inclusion in the workforce and continual achievement of inclusive excellence.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set and meet goals and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and reliable professional judgment, as well as collaboratively with a team to achieve desired results.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience utilizing remote, online meeting platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion of the attestation form within the first 30 days after hire date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement How to Apply:
For full consideration, please attach the following as separate documents to your application:
- A cover letter identifying the job specific minimum qualifications you possess
- A resume including any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting.
Please ensure you check the “Job Specific Attachments” box next to each document on the “Required Documents” page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. When to Apply:
For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by December 7th. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.* Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. ADA Statement:
We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: [email protected]
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV Job Category
: Communication Primary Location
: Denver Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50050 - Government Relations Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Nov 9, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: system hr Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=28059&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency