Human Resources Information Systems Specialist
- Bay Path University
- Longmeadow, MA
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Human Resources & Employee Development, Technology, Analysts & Programming
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Department:: 01-53-5377-Human Resources
Locations:: Longmeadow, MA
Posted:: Nov 9, 2022
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
Position ID:: 155657
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to prepare students to not only meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities but to also thrive in their professions, identify and realize their dreams, and make a lasting difference in the world. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. That spirit and philosophy is best reflected in our shared vision, "At Bay Path, every learner's dreams of a better career, a richer life, and a brighter future will be realized."
Recognizing that our learners come first, we know it is equally important that we develop, cultivate, and sustain a culture that binds us together as a community. As part of the University's ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, we draw upon our eight Core Values-beliefs that provide the internal framework and a moral compass for how we work and interact with each other.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges and Graduate Programs by The Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA, and a satellite location in East Longmeadow, MA, Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
For 125 years, we have been committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change. Be Bay Path.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
Supervisor: Director of Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM
Job Location: Hybrid/Longmeadow Campus
Exempt (Yes/No): Yes
This position will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of HR systems across the University and for collecting employee data and compiling reports; acts as a liaison with the payroll department and other University departments. The incumbent will initiate new opportunities for automation of HR processes to create efficiencies, including but not limited to utilization of resources within ADP system, online benefits management, online training and performance management modules, and systems integration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the Director of Human Resources in building out the HRIS Roadmap and strategic plan to address short-term and long-term organizational system's needs.
- Leads efforts in writing reports and queries that assist in HR operations and decision making
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors' practices, and other sources.
- Responds to data requests from internal and external constituents, completes state and national surveys, and generates annual reporting data
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the automated applicant tracking, onboarding, performance evaluation systems, and others as additional systems resources are acquired. Collaborates across departments to analyze and redesign processes.
- Maintains updated system instructions for HR staff and system users by developing, configuring, implementing, and maintaining user-friendly, company-wide HR systems to support onboarding, off-boarding, payroll change, learning & development, compensation & benefits, and other
- data-dependent activities.
- Works directly with vendors to ensure effective and efficient systems utilization for the benefit of the University.
- Provides subject matter expertise on the systems integration, needs assessment, requirements gathering, testing and implementation of existing and next technologies, as well as creates new opportunities to expand usage of resources within ADP system and create automated processes for managing benefits, recording leave time, reconciling monthly benefits bills, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between human resources and the payroll department.
- Supports the Benefits Specialist with annual audits including the (403(b) Retirement Plan and Workers Comp audit and other required state and federal reports. Tracks part-time hours for eligibility purposes adhering to 403(b) Plan design. Assists with ACA reporting.
- Manages the HR portal including updating and maintaining current documents.
- Generates reports from payroll system as requested.
- Remains current with trends in HR technology and related topics and manages continuous improvement initiatives for HR as needed to develop, manage, and continually improve the efficiencies of HR Systems.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
- Special research projects as needed.
- If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
This list of essential job functions and other responsibilities is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all-inclusive. A supervisor or director may assign other duties and/or other duties at alternate locations to meet mission requirements of the University and cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years working experience with HRIS or HR systems; or an equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Current knowledge of federal and state labor laws, rules and regulations related to all human resource areas. Ability to accurately interpret rules, regulations and policies as they apply to the workplace.
- Working knowledge of payroll systems, (ADP preferred) and HRIS systems. Proficient computer skills, included and not limited to: Google Applications, Word and Excel as well as skills in report writing, database management and record keeping. Ability to create reports to extract meaningful data; ability to review and analyze data for accuracy.
- Experience with ERP and ATS systems helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive, collaborative relationships with a full range of internal and external colleagues and constituencies, including faculty, staff, students and board members.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Evidence of a commitment to, and appreciation for, the benefits of a diverse workplace, along with the ability to support an inclusive and welcoming culture
- Ability to perform with high quality and minimal errors. Ability to perform work independently as well as a member of a team, make decisions using good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion; maintain integrity and confidentiality of payroll and human resources information, and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1157.
Working At Bay Path University
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and a member of the Women’s College Coalition. With a main campus and four satellite locations, Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate, (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
A Bay Path University education empowers undergraduate women and graduate women and men to become leaders in their careers and communities with an innovative approach to learning that prepares students to flourish in a constantly changing world.
The Bay Path experience is nothing less than transformational. Our women-only undergraduate programs and our coeducational graduate programs are offered both on campus and online, providing a flexible, 21st-century education for learners at all stages of life and career. Bay Path students find a supportive and diverse community, close mentoring, and rigorous preparation for success in a complex and globally interdependent society. Students graduate with the applied knowledge, portable skillset, and confidence to thrive in their professions, identify and realize their dreams, and make a lasting difference in the world.
Enrollment: Over 3,300 students
Alumni: Approximately 15,000 alumni around the world.
Athletics: Eight teams compete at the NCAA Division III level, in the New England Collegiate Conference.
University Motto: Carpe Diem, Latin for "Seize the Day"
- Longmeadow, MA - Home to our Residential College, for high school, transfer and International young women; One Day A Week College, for adult women with classes on Saturday; and Graduate College for men and women.
- Concord, MA - Our Concord location is home to our graduate programs in Education and Psychology for men and women.
- Sturbridge, MA - Our Sturbridge teaching site opened in 2003 and offers our One Day A Week College, for adult women with classes on Saturday and select graduate programs for men and women. This teaching location provides students with all of the support services of our main campus including access to library services, administrative and academic deans, student financial services, and the Registrar’s Office.
- East Longmeadow, MA - The Philip H. Ryan Health Science Center is located on our East Longmeadow site. This state-of-the-art facility houses our Master of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies and our Master of Occupational Therapy Bridge programs.
Offers classes on-ground Monday through Friday.
At Bay Path University, we welcome students (commuters and residents), just like you, from across the country and around the world who are smart, capable young women who want to make a difference and be successful.
Here, you join a small, highly personal community that empowers you to take ownership of your life through:
- Highly relevant majors and minors that give you practical knowledge, a global viewpoint, and the unique perspectives that make connections between subject areas and current topics.
- Leadership opportunities that focus on your strengths, encouraging you to find your voice and act on your convictions.
- Real-world experience balanced with career counseling that gives you a distinct advantage for graduate school or that rewarding first job.
- More important, our admission counselors are here to help you and your family, guiding you through the admissions and financial aid process by taking your questions and connecting you with the right resources.
Why it pays to be a Bay Path woman:
- Significant Financial Support. All of our full-time students receive a merit scholarship from Bay Path University, and more than 96% of our students receive additional financial aid that included grants, scholarships and loans.
- Close Attention from Faculty. With a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio, you'll form close relationships with your professors that will lead to research, internship and networking opportunities.
- Thoughtful and Intentional Career Planning for Life. Our Sullivan Career and Life Planning Center (SCLP) is one of the best of its kind. As a Bay Path student, you will have lifetime access to the SCLP and the services it provides, including one-on-one career coaching and mentoring.
A Place Where Knowledge Is Gained and Shared
If you ask a Bay Path woman graduate to define her academic experience, it would be one word: transformational. There is no other way to describe it.
Yes, we have majors in neurobiology, cybersecurity, and business analytics, as well as minors and concentrations that deepen your knowledge in a specific area. But we also educate the whole person, giving you the courage and confidence to be your best self, to help you get where you have to go, and to take on more in your life. It’s why women’s education still matters.
American Women’s College
Are you one of the 76 million American women who has accomplished many things in her life yet still lacks a bachelor's degree? You are not alone. At The American Women's College, we understand the reasons that women pause their education early in life:
- Maybe going to college wasn’t right for you at the time
- Maybe you started college and decided it wasn't a good fit
- And then there other competing factors like family, work, and day-to-day pressures
Looking back, do you still wish you had earned a college degree? Now you can—with The American Women’s College Online. We offer:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert