Req ID: req12737 Position Title: Simulation Specialist Position Type: Staff Full-Time Position Number: GS9338 OSU Campus: Tulsa - Center for Health Sciences/OSU Medicine Department: Simulation Center Location Address:
1111 West 17th Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74107
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate with education and experience Work Schedule: Typically, 5 days/week, 8 hours/day Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary:
TheSimulation Specialist serves as a technical expert who is able to set up,operate, maintain, and troubleshoot medical simulation equipment and softwareassociated. The Simulation Specialist also instructs and assists simulationeducators/faculty and learners in the use of medical equipment and tasktrainers used in simulation. Inaddition, assists in operation activities such as staffing and maintenancescheduling, and inventory/purchasing functions. Assist in the development,setup, delivery, and takedown of medical simulation education sessions.
Simulation lab with large equipment.
Mustbe able to lift, stand, grasp, crawl, kneel, stoop and balance, pushand pull up to 85 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
The starting time frame for this position will be January 3, 2023 or later.
Oklahoma State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, qualified disability, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity Officer is designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies and can be reached at: 918-594-8221, [email protected], or 1405 Main Hall, 700 N. Greenwood Ave., Tulsa, OK 74106.
(Ifyou are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job applicationwebsite, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.)
Special Instructions to Applicants Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years of experience as a technician/technologist in amedical simulation center, hospital, or related medical environment
Skills,Proficiencies and Knowledge:
- Must possess excellent written and verbalcommunication skills
- Ability to sustain healthy relationships with students,staff and faculty
- Demonstrate abilityto install, operate, maintain and troubleshoot hospital and technical equipmentand software used in a clinical education environment
- Ability to communicatetechnical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independentlyand as a part of a team
- Ability to acquire new skills and learn newprocedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit http://eeo.okstate.edu.
- Diploma/certificate of training in medical, nursing, or allied health
- Licensed nurse, paramedic, or emergency medicinetechnician
- ACLS instructor preferred, or ability to become an ACLSinstructor
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.