Req ID: req12705 Position Title: Research Assistant Position Type: Staff Full-Time Position Number: GS9339 OSU Campus: Tulsa - Center for Health Sciences/OSU Medicine Department: Center for Indigenous Health Location Address:
5350 East 31st Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74135
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 17.50 - 19.65, Hourly Work Schedule: Typically 5 days a week/8 hours a day, but may include evenings and weekends when necessary Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: The Center for Indigenous Health Research and Policy (CIHRP) at OklahomaState University Center for Health Sciences is a leading research center forIndigenous health. Our research funding totals more than $10 million, includingfour active R01 randomized intervention trials funded by the NationalInstitutes of Health. We also house the Center for Indigenous Innovation andHealth Equity, funded by the Office of Minority Health, which provides trainingin research and intervention for American Indian and Alaska Native communitiesacross the US.
This position will provide essential support for research projects within CIHRP.This position will assist with human subjects applications submitted throughthe Institutional Review Board (IRB), IRB management, as well as developingstudy protocols This position will assist with designing and formatting datacollection tools electronically and on paper, assist with study databasemanagement and data collection, prepare presentations for conferences and manuscriptsfor publication, assist with budget maintenance, and perform day-to-day studyoversight.
Work hours must be flexible to include evenings and weekends when necessary. This position is a grant funded position.Environmental Hazards:
Typical office environment.Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift and carry 8-10 pounds, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger,grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or withoutreasonable accommodations. (If you are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU jobapplication website, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit aresume.)
Special Instructions to Applicants Special Instructions to ApplicantsIMPORTANT! APPLICANTS PLEASE READ! For full consideration, please ensure all employment history is correct and complete. An Edit button (on the right) is available which allows you to add information. In addition, OSU Medicine’s Customer Service Philosophy is:“We enrich lives by providing compassionate care and amazing service to every life we touch.”We achieve our service standards with employee behaviors centered on safety, courtesy, presentation, and efficiency.Safety is:-Be aware of environment-Be intentional in your actions-Ensure accuracy-Mitigate potential hazards Courtesy is:-Welcome and actively engage in a friendly and respectful manner-Be responsive, polite, and helpful-Smile-Demonstrate care and concern-Show appreciation and say “Thank You”Presentation is:-Be professional-Have a clean and neat appearance-Maintain a clean and organized work area-Remember what you represent at all times Efficiency is:-Respond to needs in a timely manner-Organize and prioritize your work-Be available and respect others’ time-Be innovative Education & Experience
Position Qualifications: Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least one (1) year of relevant experience
- Proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have strong written/oral communication and organizational skills and theability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple projects
- Possession of a valid and current driver’s license by the time of hire
- Knowledge of and experience in working with American Indian and AlaskaNative communities
- Experience working in a research environment
- Excellent proofreading skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience working with internet applications Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visithttp://eeo.okstate.edu.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.