Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to [email protected]
Please indicate the job code FAS-ITSG in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
Job Details Title:
IT Support GeneralistAnnounce date:
11/03/2022Apply by date:
Currently InterviewingPosition type:
$47,900 per year Working Hours:
Working hours for this position consists of a 7 ½ hour period (between the hours of 12:30 pm - 10:00 pm Monday through Thursday, and between the hours of 7:00 am - 3:00 pm on Saturday) exclusive of a ½ or 1 hour lunch. These hours are to be agreed upon between the supervisor and employee at the onset of employment.
Note: This position may require additional work on occasion with the employee having the option of working this time in addition to or in lieu of regular hours.Summary:
Provides support services to all users of the RACC information systems.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides 1st level support to all users of the RACC information systems through telephone, email, in-person visits and/or remotely to/from users.
- Provides problem resolution support for all college supported software.
- Provides account support to users logging in to RACC supplied computers and systems (email, MyRacc, etc).
- Installs, updates, and tests all college supported software and applications.
- Deploys and redeploys personal computers, laptops, and printers.
- Develops documentation for college supported software, operating systems, and tools.
- Monitors and assures compliance with all software and hardware licensing and copyright requirements for all college systems.
- Supports help desk demands and service requests as may be required.
- Logs and records all work tasks in help desk ticketing system.
- Identifies and isolates PC hardware, printer, and software faults and applies knowledge and skill to the resolution of system faults.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities in formal training and informal training (out of class, online, etc.).
- Mentors RACC IT work-study student workers.
- Installs, runs, terminates, and troubleshoots network cables.
- Acts as a first line of defense against cybercrime by maintaining diligence in detecting, reporting, and/or correcting situations which may indicate a data or systems threat. Recognizes malware symptoms and resolves them. Reports security incidents (for example if a user password is compromised) to supervisor. Participates in continual security awareness training as required by the College.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree or equivalent in computer information technology from a two-year college or technical school, or a minimum of two (2) years helpdesk or related experience required. Microsoft Desktop certification or equivalent Microsoft Windows Server certification required. Bi-lingual is a plus.Communication Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the College. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Microsoft Desktop certification or equivalent Microsoft Windows Server certification required. Certification(s) must be kept updated and current while employed in this position.Other Qualifications:
Knowledge of printers, computer hardware, network cabling, and Anti-virus programs are required. Familiarity with network switches, wireless access points, routers, and firewalls are a plus.Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to complete tasks with routine supervision
- Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.