Medium and Heavy Truck Technology Faculty, Part-Time (Adjunct Faculty Pool)Requisition Number:
The Transportation Technologies department invites applications for part-time, adjunct positions in Medium and Heavy Truck Technology. Applicant credentials will be kept on file until 12/31/2022.Specific Responsibilities:
The Transportation Technologies Department includes a variety of degrees and certificates in the areas of Automotive Technology and Individualized Studies. The department strives to meet the needs of all students interested in obtaining an education in these areas and is focused on preparing professionals, for successful careers. The program currently has manufacturer supported training programs with Ford, Nissan and Subaru. We are in the process of building a new state-of-the-art automotive and medium and heavy truck facility and significantly expanding our transportation technology programming. This position will play a key role in developing and teaching the medium and heavy truck associate degree program.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions
• Teach Medium and Heavy Truck courses to students with an interest in becoming medium and heavy truck technicians and working in dealerships or fleet repair centers.Minimum Qualifications:
• Support community college students as they further develop their medium and heavy truck technology skills, professional attitudes, and behaviors, for college and workplace success.
• Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course’s standard course outline and requirements as guides.
• Study the Medium and Heavy Truck curricula and other course materials, and prepare lectures, hands-on activities, and presentations for effective teaching.
• Attend required Medium and Heavy Truck trainings and facilitate student engagement on the college’s learning management systems
• Be available to students via email, phone, or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
• Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and submit grades and records by established deadlines.
• Meet all classes and other scheduled responsibilities at the designated times.
• Receive training or stay current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning, including learning and using manufacturers’ software when applicable.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population. Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.
• High School Diploma or GED is required.Preferred Qualifications:
• 2 years of experience as a Master ASE technician in Medium/Heavy Truck or Transit Bus.
•Associate’s degree in Automotive Technology, Diesel Technology, or other related field• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.Work Location:
• ASE Master Certified Technician with L2 Advanced Electric Diesel Engine Diagnosis Certification.
• College level teaching experience.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
• Interested persons should complete an online application.Position Type:
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED. •
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
FacultyEmployment Status :