Adjunct Faculty, Biology Location:
Wolfson Campus Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
FAC - Part-Time Faculty, Credit Classes
$53.30 - Base Rate
Natural Science, Health and Wellness
Posted on an Ongoing Basis
Exempt - Not Eligible for Overtime Compensation
First Review Date
November 10, 2022Job Summary
This adjunct faculty member teaches Biology courses.
Courses may be taught in an array of teaching modalities: MDC In-Person, MDC Live (Learning Interactively in a Virtual Environment), MDC Online (online delivery) and Blended Classes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaches lecture and laboratory sections
- Evaluates and advises students
- Participates in departmental and College affairs
- Develops curricula
- Recruits students
- Serves on committees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in one of the Biological Sciences (anatomy, cell biology, biology, botany, ecology, evolution, genetics, histology, immunology, marine biology, microbiology, molecular biology, neuroscience, parasitology, pharmacology, physiology, virology, zoology); or Master’s degree and 18 graduate semester hours in the Biological Sciences.
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well with students and colleagues in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule which may include morning, evening and weekend assignments
- POSITIONS MAY BE AVAILABLE AT VARIOUS CAMPUS LOCATIONS
- For best consideration upload your unofficial transcripts along with cover letter and resume. Please redact any personal information; (i.e. date of birth and social security number)
- If submitted application is over 6 months old, you will need to reapply
The final candidate is to successfully complete a background screening and reference check process.