How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.Reporting to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment (IEA), the Manager, Assessment Information Systems
works closely with other IEA team members (e.g., Assessment Specialist and Institutional Effectiveness Specialist) to fulfill the units mission and goals. Beyond the IEA team, the position works in close collaborations with other units of the Office of Medical Education (OME; Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III) and Students Affairs Wellbeing (SAW) team to support the curriculum assessment processes and ultimately student success. Serves as the operational manager of Leo, which is HMSOM¿s learning management system (LMS). Oversee the development of relational databases and adoption of an appropriate data visualization tool. Manage the curriculum inventory (CI) in Leo, which includes obtaining learning objectives from course and clerkship directors and mapping lower-level objectives to higher level objectives.
A day in the life of a Manager, Assessment Information Systems
at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Work closely with HMH IT, users, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs, and system requirements.
- Evaluate new educational technologies to meet current and emerging curricular needs.
- Provide technical assistance, coordination, and support related to academic assessment.
- Responsible for creating assessments in Leo (e.g., tRAT) and posting Phase I - III grades in Leo.
- Serve as a primary liaison with makers of Leo for technical support.
- Responsible for providing faculty, staff, and students training on how to use Leo.
- Collaborate with others in OME to oversee the LMS (Leo) and ensure that the system is operating optimally.
- Responsible for assigning evaluation forms (e.g., students evaluation of sessions, courses, and faculty, and faculty evaluation of students) in a timely manner in Leo.
- Collaborate with the Assessment Specialist in developing and maintaining a cumulative grade file.
- Generate, analyze, and submit an annual CI report to the AAMC CI database.
- Serve on committees and subcommittees at the recommendation of the Director of IEA.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
QualificationsEducation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree in one of the following areas: data science, statistics, information management and technology, educational psychology or a related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience or Masters degree with 2 years of relevant experience.
- 3 years of experience working with a LMS (e.g., Blackboard, Canvas), preferably Leo.
- Experience working with assessment software (e.g., ExamSoft) and survey software (e.g., SurveyMonkey and Qualtrics).
- Ability to gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data and create reports related to outcomes of curriculum and students feedback.
- Advanced working knowledge of Google Workspace, Excel, and SPSS.
- Extensive knowledge of organizing and implementing data dashboards and reports using a range of methods (e.g., Google Sheets, SQI, Tableau, and Power BI).
- Familiarity with survey design and administration in a higher education environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with multiple stakeholders (e.g., faculty, staff, and students) in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Previous experience in administering and supporting web-based educational programs.
- Experience with health professions education, specifically medical education, strongly preferred.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.