The home office of this position has the opportunity to be based at any one of our three campuses (Fort Collins, Longmont, or Westminster).
Who We Are
With three campuses along Colorado’s Front Range, Front Range Community College is the state’s largest community college. We enroll close to 28,000 students annually from our diverse service area, which offers a variety of cultural and recreational activities.
Each year approximately 5,000 FRCC students transfer to four-year universities. FRCC offers more than 36 career training programs that prepare students for immediate employment and rewarding careers. Last year, more than 5,000 high school students took concurrent enrollment classes with us, earning college credit without having to pay college tuition. And we were recently ranked as one of the “Top Online Colleges” in the country by Newsweek.
One of FRCC’s main goals is to offer educational excellence for everyone. The college’s strong commitment to student success means we start by creating an inclusive and equitable environment—one where both students and employees feel they belong and are supported. FRCC’s focus on diversity, equity and inclusion is woven into the fabric of our college conversations and decision-making processes. We are actively seeking to hire a workforce that reflects the diversity of our student body.
The college is also an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution. For us, becoming an HSI is an intentional commitment to being a college where our Latinx (and other historically marginalized) students thrive.
FRCC employees and leaders work hard to create a culture of collaboration, innovation and pride. We’re looking to hire people who share these values—along with our commitment to student success, equity and excellence.
Who You Are
As the Director of Information Technology Services (ITS) and reporting to the Vice President of Finance & Administration, you will provide leadership and oversight to the College’s Information Technology Services Department. And in collaboration with Colorado Community College System (CCCS or System) IT, you will develop and implement the College’s vision for the use of technology college wide.
Please note: This is an on-campus position with an opportunity for remote work. You need to be a Colorado resident on your first day of employment.
SALARY: $115,000 - $120,000
BENEFITS: Please click here to find more information about APT & Faculty Benefits
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of December 4, 2022.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. In your application please include a resume and cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with requirements, qualification and responsibilities of the Director, Information Technology Services.
At FRCC, masks are optional, but we allow individual staff and faculty to request students and colleagues wear masks in offices or in class.
Strategic ManagementPartners with College leadership and CCCS IT to provide sustainable and cost-effective technologies which enable innovative, diverse, and agile solutions that align with the College’s strategic initiatives. Partners with College leadership to develop and recommend long-range goals, applying College standards in terms of deploying technology, managing technology and support operations to ensure sustainable integration of technology with College and System-wide business needs and operations. Directs strategic planning process for future use and purchase of information technology for the College.Oversees the use of information technology at all campuses through consistent implementation and support of technology based on College and CCCS standards. Engages with a variety of College stakeholders to ensure technology investments and projects are aligned with business and teaching needs.Develops total cost of ownership analyses for technology initiatives and recommends technology investments to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and President’s Cabinet to further strategic initiatives and drive business process efficiencies.Acts as a strategic partner to College departments in the planning, resourcing and work prioritization of technology resources with a focus on driving exceptional student outcomes through effective change leadership, agile practices, and actively resolving conflicts and constraints.Works with other System college IT Directors and CCCS IT on CCCS initiatives and strategic planning related to CCCS implementation and management of information systems. Participates on CCCS key committees and teams to help determine direction, provide feedback, and align goals.Works with other System college IT Directors and CCCS IT to develop, support and implement CCCS best practices Collaborates with Human Resources to create training opportunities to ensure employees are familiar with the various technology resources available and how to use them. Maintains relationships with vendor contacts, evaluates vendor offerings and recommends solutions that maximize effectiveness while minimizing cost and risk for the college. Participates in CCCS evaluation and selection of vendor offerings, request for proposal committees, purchasing initiatives/contracts that can reduce cost, standardize licensing or provide efficiencies across CCCS.People Management/Leadership:Provides overall management and supervision of ITS staff. Directly supervises IT Managers, the Infrastructure Manager, the Web & Database Manager, and the Senior Project Manager and serves as a coach and mentor for all positions within ITS. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the ITS department.Evaluates workloads and Department structure to determine how to best address current and future staffing needs based on the strategic plan and needs of the College. Provides ongoing performance management, training, and growth opportunities for all ITS employees.Creates a culture of community and develops positive relationships with people of diverse identities, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds across the College.Demonstrates leadership qualities by instilling enthusiasm for professional goals, recognizing staff proficiencies and accomplishments, supporting the College mission, vision, commitments, core values and strategic priorities; coordinates the Department’s involvement in College activities and issues; and represents the Department and College at internal and external meetings. Process Management:
- Creates lean, agile processes with a focus on equity, inclusion, and diversity. In partnership with the ITS leadership team, defines, implements, and continuously improves IT service management, project management, and resource management processes to create a culture and delivery model which enhances the student and employee experience in an efficient and sustainable manner.
- Leadership: Manages a broad team of professionals who complete and support a variety of technology operations while serving a diverse multi-campus institution.
- Communication (Oral & Written): Utilizes strong oral and written communications skills to share critical information and concepts with a wide variety of audiences.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Champions equity and inclusion within the College and College departments through policies and practices that support all employees, students and visitors.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with stakeholder groups to understand their needs and utilize judgement on how to build relationships.
- Project Management: Understands who needs to be involved in complex projects and how to foster engagement during project inception, planning, development, implementation and close out.
- Change Catalyst: Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches when addressing problems or opportunities.
- Critical Thinking: Identifies future innovation opportunities that relate to higher education and the delivery of instruction. Determine the most appropriate strategy to leverage technology using available resources. Develops long-term strategies and goals for the Department.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field.
PREFERRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5 – 7 years of increasingly responsible experience in a mid- to senior level IT position.
- Extensive knowledge of computer networking, data communications, telecommunications, and computer hardware and software systems.
Welcoming. Respectful. Inclusive. Together, we are FRCC.
- Experience leading in a higher education environment.