The 12th President of Briar Cliff University (BCU) will lead this student-focused learning community to the next level of academic success through strategic and transformative vision; collaborative and transparent servant leadership; and a strong commitment to its Catholic Franciscan heritage and values. Founded in 1930 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Briar Cliff is a member of the Association of Franciscan Colleges & Universities.
Briar Cliff is an independent, four-year coeducational university, with 29 undergraduate programs and eight graduate programs (five of which are in the health care industry). With its main campus on a bluff overlooking Sioux City, IA and the Mayfair campus in downtown Sioux City, which includes a Physical Therapy clinic that provides community-based health and wellness outreach to underserved groups and populations, BCU seeks to serve and promote the common good. A liberal arts university with a focus on professional preparation for its 710 undergraduate and 218 graduate students, BCU is a community where each person’s dignity is appreciated and celebrated. Informed by the Catholic Franciscan identity, the Briar Cliff community seeks to engage its student population fully in their learning experiences.
The President serves as the Chief Executive Officer at Briar Cliff and has overall responsibility for the university. The President provides leadership and oversight for all aspects of the university, including academics, finance, planning, student affairs, enrollment, advancement, athletics and other key areas. Key qualifications for the next President include:
- A demonstrated record of successful servant leadership;
- A strong commitment to Briar Cliff’s student-focused, high-quality academic experience, particularly the integral role of the liberal arts and sciences combined with career development;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work transparently, collaboratively, and collegially;
- A demonstrated understanding of the key issues facing institutions similar to Briar Cliff, including enrollment, retention, and persistence, budgeting, and student success; and
- The desire to be an enthusiastic participant in the lives and activities of students, faculty, and staff.
Completed applications are due by December 16, 2022. To ensure full consideration, you will be required to submit: 1) a current resume or CV; 2) a cover letter addressing the position; and 3) the contact information for one professional reference. Submit your application securely through our website at https://rhperry.com/BriarCliffPresident/, or at [email protected].
RH Perry & Associates, a national executive search firm, is assisting Briar Cliff University in this search. All confidential communications may be directed to our search team: Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, and Dr. Sue DeWine, Senior Consultant, at [email protected].