Extended Job Title
InfantRisk Counselor PRN AmarilloOrg Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr Org Level 7
523201 - Pediatrics Ama Genl Position Description
A non-recurring job having an appointment on an as needed basis with a nature of work consistent with that found in an office environment. Requisition ID
NonePay Grade Maximum
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected.Major/Essential Functions
- Answers call center phone for InfantRisk Center, advising callers of safe medication use for pregnant or nursing mothers, ensuring calls are answered an documented in a timely manner
- Looks up information in database and relays information to caller
- Posses and maintain a thorough grasp of clinical knowledge pertaining to various disease states, medications, treatments, etc
- Interact professionally with callers to provide the highest level of service
- Collaborate and consult with team members as needed to optimize care
- Maintain confidentiality of all caller and personnel issues
- Promote maternal health and inspire hope
Yes Pay Grade Minimum
Hourly Work Location
- Selected candidates must hold either a Nursing license in the State of Texas (LVN, RN, etc) or hold a pharmacy degree such as RPH or PharmD.
- Previous experience providing medical guidance or conducting majority of work over the phone.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in pediatrics, obstetrics, or maternal health.
HSC - Amarillo Department
Pediatrics Ama Genl Required Attachments
Resume / CV Job Type
Part Time Pay Statement
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.Job Group
Seasonal and Temporary Occasional Duties
Assist with research activities including contacting and consenting participantsShift
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.Required Qualifications
Completion of a recognized program of nursing or pharmacy appropriate for the level of care to be provided. Licensure: License or certification consistent with regulatory requirements. Demonstrated effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Skilled and comfortable with various technologies to coordinate care, including software applications and specialized telephone technology.Does this position work in a research laboratory?
No Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx