Network Systems Administrator
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
A member of the IT Infrastructure team and reporting to the Associate Director of IT Infrastructure, the Network Systems Administrator's primary responsibilities include the design, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Emerson's multi-campus IP network. This includes the administration and maintenance of our campus switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, wireless network, load balancers, voice network, DHCP/DNS servers, network authentication servers, and monitoring services. The Network Systems Administrator architects, monitors and maintains, primary and backup networking and data center environments-this includes leveraging multiple environments for high availability, disaster avoidance, as well as supporting Emerson's disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Acts as a backup systems administrator to the server team, including the maintenance of our SSO and SSL environments.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education
- Plan, install, configure, and troubleshoot all network components and architecture, primarily as it relates to Layer 3.
- Monitor bandwidth, resources, and network security events and configure/provision accordingly.
- Administer syslog / system event management system primarily as it relates to network systems.
- Monitor and maintain backup and disaster recovery environments for business continuity plans.
- Develop detailed documentation outlining our network architecture and fiber plant.
- Upgrade and troubleshoot all network components of the virtual server environment, including the provisioning and managing of DNS, DHCP, and other network systems, as well as the data center network, including our storage network and top of rack switches.
- Administer data center network, including configuration for firewall, storage, ESXi hosts, core switches, and fiber cross connections.
- Function as a backup administrator to the Layer 1 and wireless networks, SSL certificate management, and server environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience with the following technologies is required:
Preferred /Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Education
- Networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, IPv4, and IPv6
- IP routing, BGP, OSPF
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Network load balancing
- Knowledge of and troubleshooting experience with all layers of the OSI network model (1-7)
- Massive wireless network management and provisioning
- QoS and IGMP implementation
- VoIP management
- VMWare vSphere Enterprise
- Windows Server, Linux (Oracle/Red Hat), and MacOS
Grade of Position: A18E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
This position will be exclusively represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 888 for purposes of wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
In addition to a competitive salary, Emerson College is committed to the health and well-being of our employees and family members. We offer a generous benefits package to regular staff scheduled to work 20+ hours per week.
Benefits include outstanding health plans with limited out-of-pocket expenses, dental plans, generous time-off programs, and a 403(b) retirement benefit with a 9% employer contribution once eligible. Additional benefits such as life and disability coverage as well as commuter offerings are available.
Please refer to our benefits website
for a full list of benefits and eligibility requirements.
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Network-Systems-Administrator_JR004032
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.Diversity Statement
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency