Post-Masters Social Work Fellow
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Post-Masters Social Work Fellow
Requisition Number: 44049
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 01-Dec-2022
Date Posted: 01-Nov-2022
Are you looking for a fulfilling opportunity to make a difference in the CU Boulder Community and acquire licensure through supervised clinical experience? Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for a Post-Masters Social Work Fellow! We have 2 positions available to applicants who have completed a Master's Degree in Social Work and who need supervised clinical experience to obtain licensure. The positions provide direct clinical services including screening services, intake, group and individual psychotherapy, behavioral health interventions, telehealth services, transcare, AOD treatment and crisis intervention to students.
These positions are a 40-hour, two year commitment. Training for Social Work Fellows includes regular seminars on specific mental health topics, weekly multidisciplinary case consultation and 90 minutes of weekly individual supervision with an LCSW. Additionally, Social Work Fellows attend a weekly group training program seminar and will co-facilitate a minimum of one therapy group each semester. All Fellows also attend CAPS staff meetings and trainings. The ideal candidate is a recent MSW graduate who has an educational background in evidenced based psychotherapy practices and whose goal is to acquire necessary clinical/ and supervision hours for licensure.
CAPS is a multidisciplinary setting, thus Fellows must have an interest in working on a multidisciplinary team, be familiar with electronic medical records, and be comfortable with managing a busy and demanding clinical schedule.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CAPS fosters the well-being of students and helps them succeed by providing a full range of clinical services, consultation, and outreach to the campus community. We also offer outstanding training to the next generation of mental health professionals. CAPS is a multicultural, multidisciplinary, and multi-theoretical staff. We are committed to affirming diversity and seek to provide a safe and welcoming environment for everyone we serve!
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Training & Administration
- Receive weekly supervision from a licensed staff social worker, attend case consultation and staff meetings, write electronic clinical notes.
- Participate in CAPS group training seminar and professional development seminars.
- Provide psychotherapy and outreach services: perform individual and group psychotherapy; initial therapy assessments, screening services, case management, and crisis intervention.
- Clinical services are provided both in-person and virtually via telehealth.
- Provide behavioral health consultations in the medical services clinic.
- Provide psychoeducational workshops and community outreach as needed.
What You Should Know
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- This is a two-year appointment with a start date of August 7, 2023. This role is anticipated to perform work in a hybrid capacity, with 3 days in-person and 2 days remote.
- This position’s anticipated work schedule is 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am - 5pm.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this position is $35,568 annually for the first year, and increasing to $45,500 for the second year.
- Onboarding assistance is available within department guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be accomplished. Be driven. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Completion of a Master of Social Work graduate degree (MSW).
- Pursuing supervised clinical experience to obtain licensure.
- Registered as a Clinical Social Worker Candidate (CSW) OR an LSW (Licensed Social Worker) with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) by the start date if selected for the position.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work in clinical and outreach settings with diverse populations, including a college student population.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to interact collaboratively with other CAPS providers and campus partners.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Previous clinical experience diagnosing, treating, and delivering services to a college student population.
- Experience providing group therapy.
- Two years’ experience providing clinical services, including using a virtual telehealth platform.
- Experience providing crisis intervention and have interest in using short term interventions.
- Strong desire to obtain work with a university counseling center.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by December 1, 2022 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Post-Masters-Social-Work-Fellow/44049
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert