Dean, College of Education and Health Sciences
Bridgewater State University is an inclusive community dedicated to the lifelong success of all students, focused on the continuous improvement of its people, and responsible for leading innovation that benefits Southeastern Massachusetts, the commonwealth, and the world. Bridgewater’s accessible environment of teaching and learning stimulates critical thinking, pursuit of new knowledge, and deeper understanding, the cultivation of meaningful and diverse interpersonal relationships, and fostering an appreciation for global engagement, all aimed at transforming lives and improving the human condition.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our institutional values, which ensure that all students are supported and succeed.
Bridgewater State University is equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bridgewater State University invites applications for the position of Dean of the College of Education and Health Sciences. The Dean reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Provost and serves as the chief academic and administrative officer of the college. The Dean also provides ultimate oversight for all aspects of academic life within the college, including academic programs, strategic planning, personnel, fiscal management, accreditation, and program assessment. The Dean has primary responsibilities for external partnerships and collaborations, including community outreach and development. The Dean is a twelve (12) month non-unit professional employee.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The Dean reports to the Executive Vice President and Provost.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: The Dean supervises all faculty and staff assigned to the College, both directly and indirectly, under the various collective bargaining agreements.
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to students by providing visionary leadership to the College, coordinating planning at both the strategic and operational levels, and overseeing the coordination, organization, and supervision of instructional programs in the College.
- Prepare and regulate a budget for the College, allocate resources to departments and programs in the College being attentive to University and College needs, while displaying a spirit of transparency and careful financial stewardship.
- Work with University leaders to ensure and support a culture of equity and inclusion throughout the College and administer the College’s affirmative action activities in a manner consistent with the policies of the University.
- Articulate the goals of the College and be a champion for the College, both within the University and to the outside community; develop and maintain relationships with the broader community, including PreK-12 schools and health-related entities, to advance the College and its programs.
- Partner with higher education colleagues and state-level administrators to address Commonwealth issues and needs related to the programs and activities of the College.
- Collaborate with department chairpersons, graduate program chairs, administrators, and faculty on enrollment, retention, student success, and other strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a collegial working environment within the College, between the College and other Colleges, and between the College and the senior administration.
- Partner with the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies in the administration and support of graduate programs and with the Dean of the College of Continuing Studies to ensure credit and non-credit continuing education opportunities are available through the College.
- Supervise assessment and program review within the College and facilitate the use of results to improve programs.
- Ensure appropriate accreditations are supported and maintained for programs within the College.
- Collaborate with the Director of the Office of Grants and Sponsored Projects and Chief Development Officer to secure external funding for the College.
- Regular evaluation of all faculty and staff within the College.
- Supervise, mentor, and provide professional development opportunities to the faculty and staff within the College.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An earned doctorate in a field represented by a department of the College, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated success in teaching, service, administration, and scholarly pursuits.
- A commitment to putting students first.
- A strong understanding of national issues in PreK-12 education, teacher education, health and human services, and higher education.
- Administrative appointments at the level of department chair or above, indicating increasing levels of administrative responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to shared governance, collegiality, transparency, collaboration, and educational excellence.
- A strong commitment to innovation, global engagement, and High-Impact Educational Practices.
- Extensive experience with professional accrediting agencies.
- An aptitude for fundraising.
- Strong commitment to advancing the mission of the University, in collaboration with the other deans and the administrative leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to affirmative action and institutional diversity.
- Experience with diverse professional learning communities.
- Integrity, good judgment, creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a sense of humor.
- A record of achievement that merits tenure with appointment at the rank of Professor in a department of CEHS.
- Experience generating funds from external constituencies (through fundraising, grants, etc.).
- Prior experience working in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated strategic partnerships in key areas represented by the College
- Demonstrated strategic partnerships in key areas represented by the College.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?BridgewaterStateUniv&layout_id=18
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
This position must comply with the University Covid-19 Attestation requirement. All employees must be fully vaccinated and complete the Covid-19 Attestation upon hire.Medical or Religious Exemptions
An employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on the existence of medical contraindication to vaccination. In addition, an employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on a sincere religious belief. In both cases, an employee will be required to submit documentation to support the request for an exemption. Employees who secure an exemption may be required to take additional precautions in the workplace and are strongly encouraged to test weekly through the university’s Wellness Center. We are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome, and included.
$155,000 - $165,000
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position: *a minimum of one (1) employment history entry. *a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/23966
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency