ARABIC INSTRUCTOR - TENURE TRACK
San Diego County - Cuyamaca College
Transforming lives through learning isn't just the vision of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. It happens every day with our 30,000 students who take the first step in their higher education, become trained for a new career, or learn knowledge that transforms their world perspective.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District honors a diverse academic community and fosters equity mindedness across our institutions. As such, the District is committed to eliminating achievement gaps among different student groups by promoting a culture of appreciation for diversity, equity, inclusivity, and social justice, and continuously examining our processes and practices through an equity lens.
The District provides an excellent health and welfare benefits package to its employees. We take care of our employees and have continued to offer medical, dental and vision coverage to eligible employees and their dependents at no charge for any of the plans we offer.
Become a part of this dedicated team in beautiful San Diego County!Please read the entire job posting before your application is submitted. Important instructions to applicants are at the bottom of the page. Be attentive when applying as many of our positions require multiple attachments.Please note: each page of the application will save upon clicking ‘next.' Draft applications can be accessed through the candidate home page.Job Summary
Application Deadline: Monday, November 28, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
NOTE: Application materials that are submitted on the last day of application and are timed out will not be accepted.
Department: World Languages
Months worked out of the year: 10 months
Starting Salary Range:
$57,381 (Class I, Step 6) - $87,143 (VII, Step 10) Annually
Based on education and experience
Anticipated Start Date: January 2023Job DescriptionWHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Cuyamaca College seeks talented and dedicated candidates to apply for our faculty positions who share our strategic vision focused on student success, social justice, equity, and anti-racism. We especially seek candidates with a high level of cultural competence and who have successfully taught and mentored students from a variety of backgrounds.
Situated on a tree-studded, 165-acre oasis, Cuyamaca College is among the most picturesque campuses in beautiful San Diego County. Built in 1978, the college is home to a remarkably diverse community and is designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. Cuyamaca College is proud to be recognized for its equity-minded and innovative approaches that facilitate clear educational and career pathways for our students. For more information about Cuyamaca College, please visit the Cuyamaca College website
Cuyamaca College seeks a collaborative, student-centered, and equity-minded professional with the passion and ability to advance the College's mission, vision, and values and who has an understanding and commitment to the community college philosophy. We are looking for an instructor who can lead and develop the discipline of Arabic, create curriculum that meets CSU Area F requirements, and develop cooperative relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
Faculty participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of educational programs and activities that will facilitate learning, support the college curriculum, and participate in campus and district professional activities, including committee membership, staff development, and collegial meetings. Faculty are expected to perform other duties consistent with those stated in the faculty agreement. For more information, please visit: Faculty AgreementMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Master's in Arabic; OR
- Bachelor's in Arabic AND Master's in another language or linguistics; OR
- A current California Community College Credential that permits full-time service as an Arabic instructor; OR
- The equivalent in Arabic. If you are applying based on “the equivalent”, you will need to complete an Equivalency Determination Form, located at https://www.gcccd.edu/human-resources/employment/hiring-process/faculty-equivalency.php. This form must be submitted as part of the application procedures.
Applicant must demonstrate:
- Prior Arabic language teaching experience at the community college or university level.
- Knowledge of the cultures of the Arabic speaking countries.
- Experience teaching language and conversation courses in the Arabic language.
- Expertise in current theories of teaching foreign languages, teaching strategies, and language acquisition.
- Competence using multi-modal methods, equity-minded approaches, and student-centered practices.
- Knowledge and practice of pedagogy that supports a variety of learning styles and includes a wide range of instructional delivery systems.
- Ability to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English as well as Arabic.
- Applicants must demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of an equitable and diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying backgrounds such as social, economic, cultural, linguistic, ideological and ethnic backgrounds, and those with disabilities.
- Skills and experience to motivate students from a broad spectrum of backgrounds such as academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic and ethnic backgrounds, and those with disabilities.
- The ability to contribute to the mission and strategic plan of the college.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others: On the departmental level to maintain and develop programs, curriculum, and the future vision of the department; on the campus level through involvement in campus affairs; by participating in meetings pertinent to faculty professional responsibilities, including standing and ad hoc committees; by working as a team with discipline faculty members in the planning and support of class schedules, and department and college activities.
Applicants will also be evaluated for qualifications in the following:
Additional InformationSPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
- Involvement in the teaching, planning and implementation of undergraduate transfer courses.
- Experience in: course and curriculum development; departmental decision-making and leadership; committees and activities as required to maintain and improve instructional programs; professional development and campus-wide activities.
- Competence in using multimedia instruction, remote learning technologies, and learning management systems such as Canvas.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and methods in remote teaching modalities both synchronously and asynchronously.
- Demonstrated outstanding skill in developing courses and instructional materials.
- Evidence of involvement with community related projects in the public interest, such as participation in liaison and outreach activities with high schools, transfer institutions, and the community at large.
Applicants may find it helpful to refer back to the job posting, specifically the special instructions, while applying. Consider saving the job description or opening a new browser window.*ATTENTION*
Application materials with pictures or personal information will
render your application incomplete. Please do not include any materials that were not asked for.
Having the following materials prepared and ready to attach BEFORE beginning the application may make the application experience more seamless.REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS):
1. Curriculum vitae that emphasizes experience, education, training, and abilities directly related to the position.
2. A letter of application (cover letter) addressing how the applicant meets the qualifications and responsibilities.
3. Copies of all college/university transcripts verifying degree(s) and/or course work.*ATTENTION*
Please upload .doc, .docx, or PDF files. If you are working on Google Docs or Mac files please be sure to save under .doc or PDF for file to upload correctly.
Under Federal Law, employers are required to verify that all new employees are eligible for employment in the United States. Prior to appointment to a position, you must present acceptable proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing should notify the Human Resources Department by emailing [email protected]
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful fingerprint clearance. A processing fee plus Live Scan fee will be required.
To apply, visit https://gcccd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gcccdcareers/job/San-Diego-County---Cuyamaca-College/ARABIC-INSTRUCTOR_R-01644.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District, a two-college district in eastern San Diego County, has been providing a high-quality education to the region since Grossmont College opened its doors in 1961 and Cuyamaca College began operating in 1978. The district is tied closely to the suburban and rural communities that it serves, providing a $1 billion economic impact to the region through its payroll, purchasing, and spending by students and alumni.
The district has a strong commitment to diversity and equity with a student population representing a broad variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, cultures and abilities. The district strives to provide an educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding, and respect that ultimately also benefits the global community.
The colleges offer more than 150 degrees and certificates in a wide range of programs. Both colleges have signature programs that have become well-renowned. Grossmont College is recognized for its top-notch Administration of Justice, Culinary Arts, Nursing and Allied Health and Theatre Arts programs, while Cuyamaca is known for its Automotive Technology, Ornamental Horticulture, Environmental Health and Safety and Water/Wastewater Technology programs.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency