Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions, this individual is primarily responsible for, but not limited to, the recruitment of prospective freshmen students entering the University's undergraduate programs. The incumbent is accountable for executing a recruitment plan and achieving specific enrollment goals as designated by the Director of Admissions for assigned territories. This position requires an individual with confidence, strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills: exceptional persistence and proven ability to meet enrollment goals; a high level of commitment; ability to work independently in a fast-paced and competitive environment; and the ability to motivate students to consider Kutztown University.
This individual will represent the University, its programs and admission criteria to external and internal constituencies (e.g.., prospective students, their families, guidance counselors, alumni, faculty, staff and community partners); conduct outreach programs for prospective students; assist with the planning and execution of campus events such as open houses for students and families.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- College admissions experience.
- Commitment and ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel for recruiting purposes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to form positive connections with essential campus staff (e.g., financial aid, faculty, housing).
- Excellent organizational, file management, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish languages.
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than close of business November 13, 2022.
The starting salary range for this position is $50,308, based on the SCUPA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.