Professor of Reading Science
- Mount St. Joseph University
- Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH, 452331670
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Teacher Education
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Job Location: Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Job Category: EducationDescription Status: ExemptPurpose:The successful candidate will teach in our Reading Science graduate and doctoral programs as well as support the development of our new Reading Science doctoral program. Duties:The School of Education at Mount St. Joseph University invites applications for a full-time (12-month), tenure-track Assistant or Associate Level Professor of Reading Science. The position will begin in August of 2022. The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree in reading or a related field with a strong understanding and background in the science of reading. They will teach and advise in our Reading Science graduate and doctoral programs as well as support the development of our Reading Science doctoral program. Mount St. Joseph University's Reading Science program is an International Dyslexia Association Accredited Plus program with pathways to all levels of IDA certification. Expectations:The candidate will teach a variety of courses in the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral Reading Science programs. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Developing and publishing research in a sustained line of inquiry
- Supporting the development of the doctoral program in Reading Science including the creation of online courses.
- Advising students
- Supervising students in the field
- Supporting student recruitment efforts
- Providing service to the undergraduate or graduate program, department, university, and the professional community
- Demonstrating commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Other duties as assigned
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customer) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customer) needs Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Collaborate well with others and help make staff a cohesive groupCommunicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division or University goalsWillingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalismDemonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativityDemonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic communication skills and strengths in public speaking Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving Demonstrate creativity and high energy Accomplish tasks with follow through to completionAdapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the School/department and/or position
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet, CARS, and copier
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet, CARS, and copierMultiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy. Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mount St. Joseph University delivers high-quality academics, hands-on experiential learning and personalized attention from faculty and staff dedicated to your success. We consistently live a culture of ethics and service in everything we do.
A Mount education is based on an interdisciplinary liberal art and professional curricula emphasizing values, integrity, and social responsibility.
Our highly interdisciplinary, liberal arts curriculum challenges students to think outside their major and connect diverse subject matter. A robust offering of majors, double majors, and minors prepares you for a successful future.
Read more about our high-quality academics the majors, minors, and programs offered.
Cooperative and experiential education
The Mount is dedicated to you, our students, in delivering hands-on experiential learning needed to build confidence and future professional success. Nearly one-third of students who participate in cooperative education (co-op) accept full-time employment with their co-op employers.
5701 Delhi Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert