Adjunct Instructor, Architecture and Construction
POSITION: ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (AEC: Architecture and Construction)
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
UNION: Adjunct Faculty
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Refer to current adjunct faculty contract
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age, and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
An adjunct community college instructor is an instructor hired for one semester to teach one or more courses for which he/she is qualified to teach. The adjunct instructor reports to the appropriate Instructional Coordinator and/or Director; provides quality instruction for the assigned courses. The instructor works with full-time faculty in assessing students and following all course guidelines. Willingness to teach at other campus sites is required. Adjunct instructors may submit preferences for locations and loads. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract. Opportunities for daytime courses, to meet immediate needs, are available.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Course load of no more than 12 contact hours in appropriate instructional area.
2. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations.
3. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, assessments, and other established processes.
4. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively communicate with appropriate staff and director.
5. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations.
6. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate officials.
7. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
8. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence.
9. Demonstrated commitment to the college’s core values of respect and inclusion, sustainability, integrity, collaboration, humor and well-being, innovation, and quality.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or related discipline. Will consider Associates degree with additional work related experience. 2. A minimum of 3 (three) years of related industry work experience.
3. Architectural license required for some ARCH courses.
4. Experience in appropriate technologies for instruction.
5. Knowledge of industry software relevant to the specific course and curriculum.
6. Preferred AutoCAD and Revit to meet immediate course needs.
7. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.
1. Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
2. Experience at the community college level.
3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
4. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management programs.
5. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
1. Standard classroom equipment and software.
2. The ability to work with the equipment and tools necessary for the lab portion of the class.
1. Classroom teaching environment. Lab environment for the lab portion of the class.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):