Student Accounts Analyst, Senior
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
Please include the following:
- Cover letter
This position serves on the processing team, under the Assistant Director of Student Accounts. This position is responsible for ensuring student account accuracy, student refund check reconciliation, and overall departmental customer service support.
Account Reconciliation - 50%
- Manage the posting/record keeping of the NAU EARP, ASU and UofA Waivers as well as Teacher Certificates.
- Ensure proper verification and requirements are met.
- Responsible for managing the ACH rejection report from the bank.
- Verifying refunds, validating or inactivating direct deposit accounts, reversing or adjusting refunds and notifying students of any changes.
- Process credit card refunds for Cybersource payments.
- Work with departments on campus to validate refund requests and provide necessary documentation.
- Upon notification from Student Life, work the accounts of deceased students to reconcile the student account and issue a refund to the estate if necessary.
- Maintains University account receivable system through a credit balance report.
- Reconcile outstanding refund checks with University Comptroller's office to ensure we are in compliance with Federal Title IV rules and reporting accurately to the State unclaimed funds.
- Reconciles student accounts. Involves researching account history, determining proper action to take and processing credit/debits to student accounts.
Department Liaison - 20%
- Administrate the 1098-T tax reporting; liaison with the IRS concerning any questions from the department to the legalities of specific charges; make sound decisions relating to any upgrades or changes to the program.
- Contacts various department personnel to resolve discrepancies or problems; answers inquiries regarding work being performed.
Customer Service - 25%
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Student & Departmental Account Services policies and processes for the purpose of answering inquiries either by phone, email or in-person.
- Apply knowledge to analyze/respond to matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of department policies and procedures; researches and interprets various levels of information.
- Serve as alternate Accounting Assistant, Sr. as needed for coverage or peak times.
- Provides assistance and training to other team members and student employees.
Other - 5%
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 3-5 years of accounting or finance experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Proficient in People Soft
- Familiar with OnBase
- Skilled in Excel
- Experience with Salesforce.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of account management tools, procedures, processes, policies, and concepts.
- Knowledge of university accounting practices.
- Performing detailed numerical computations.
- Account management.
- Preparing detailed reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent customer service.
- Prepares detailed reports on a timely basis.
- Has strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Analyzes complex situations and anticipates issues.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Communicates effectively.
- Listens actively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $40,000. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
December 7, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu
, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606742&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency