Assistant Director of External & Alumni Engagement (Student Services Program Coordinator), Stamford
- University of Connecticut
- Stamford Campus
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Alumni Relations & Development, Technology, Analysts & Programming, Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Search #: 496939
Work type: Full-time
Location: Stamford Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
The School of Business is seeking a full-time Assistant Director of External & Alumni Engagement (Student Services Program Coordinator). The incumbent will report to the Director of the Office of External and Alumni Engagement and will advise, and assist in developing, implementing, and administering the delivery of external & alumni engagement programs, services and events for the School of Business, with a focus in Stamford. The position is responsible for collaborating with undergraduate and graduate programs to determine an annual calendar of events, programs, services, and other special projects necessary to proactively engage our alumni and the business community while positively promoting the School of Business in the Stamford area. The position will be based at the Stamford campus. Occasional weekends and evenings will be required as well as occasional in-state and out-of-state travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, planning, developing, and implementing alumni and School of Business events, programs, and services related to BUSN external relations and alumni engagement initiatives, including related on-site event management as necessary for panel discussions, networking events, reunions, banquets, social events, lifelong learning presentations, seminars, conferences, and signature events in accordance with the School’s goals and objectives.
- Cultivating, building, and documenting strong relationships and maintaining extensive contact with School of Business alumni, students, and business leaders in Stamford and beyond to promote their interest in supporting the School and the University, and in developing, promoting, and fostering positive relations with the community and alumni around the world.
- Coordinating the timely design, schedule, and production of online and print event registration materials, announcements, and related planning for events to ensure excellent alumni and public outreach and engagement.
- Developing, managing, and promoting the Department’s external & alumni relations engagement programs (mentor, class agent, reunion, and speaker series programs, etc.) in Stamford.
- Designing and developing registration pages, email communications, signage, and post-event surveys for all event programs as needed.
- Assisting with implementing the Department’s social media strategy as well as assisting with the development of the School’s social media strategy relating to external and alumni relations.
- Assisting in developing, writing, and producing informational and promotional materials for distribution to School of Business alumni, donors, students, and friends through print and electronic media.
- Maintaining positive and effective relationships with School of Business academic program directors, the School of Business Stamford Campus Director, and the School’s departments, programs, campuses, and student groups in order to anticipate, respond to, and implement programmatic initiatives that would benefit from alumni involvement and support, and to promote events and activities.
- Maintaining positive and effective relationships with Stamford area corporate community and organizations such as: Stamford Partnership, Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC), and similar.
- Managing a portfolio of alumni through intentional actions that deepen relationships and lead to substantive outcomes.
- Documenting alumni activity, interactions, and engagement efforts in a relationship management database to more accurately reflect the alum’s progressive movement through the advancement pipeline.
- Serving as a resource for Stamford Business Connections Learning Community (BCLC) staff, and external constituents with regard to alumni and corporate participation in programs such as the networking forum, alumni in residence, mentoring program, speaker series, leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to four years of professional experience OR Master’s degree and one to two years of professional experience.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including experience identifying and resolving administrative and day-to-day problems, prioritizing and time management.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to plan and organize events/programs/outreach campaigns appropriate to alumni, donors, community members, and/or corporate contacts.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating and maintaining excellent interpersonal professional relationships and working effectively with various stakeholders, including team members.
- Demonstrated excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and use sound judgment when making decisions.
- Dependable transportation and willingness and ability to work irregular and flexible hours and travel in-state and out-of-state as necessary.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working with alumni in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated experience with event management or email marketing programs such as E-Touches/Aventri and MailChimp.
- Demonstrated experience with web and graphic design programs such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe DreamWeaver, Adobe InDesign, and Aurora/WordPress.
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook in a professional capacity.
This is a full-time position based in Stamford, CT. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496939 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on November 28, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Oct 21 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Nov 28 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Working at UCONN
The University of Connecticut is a national leader among public research universities, with more than 30,000 students seeking answers to critical questions in classrooms, labs, and the community. A culture of innovation drives this pursuit of knowledge throughout the University’s network of campuses. Connecticut’s commitment to higher education helps UConn attract students who thrive in the most competitive environments, as well as globally renowned faculty members. Our school pride is fueled by a history of success that has made us a standout in Division I athletics. UConn fosters a diverse and vibrant culture that meets the needs and seizes the opportunities of a dynamic global society.
9 Walters Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert