: 2471 (BSDT Becker School of Design and Technology)Locations:
: Worcester, MAPosted:
: Oct 20, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-time - ExemptPosition ID:
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub.
Position responsibilities include developing and teaching courses at the undergraduate level and possibly graduate level for Clark University's Becker School of Design & Technology in its innovative, award-winning, Interactive Media program. Courses to be taught include but are not limited to: GAME 110 Software Engineering Life Cycle GAME 285 Game Analytics and Modeling, GAME 270 Game Analytics, and GAME 210 Agile Project Management with Scrum. The position also carries the expectation of advising/mentoring students and actively engaging in multi-disciplinary collaborative projects among faculty, staff, and students.
- Experience as a producer/project manager/team manager in the software/games industry.
- Experience in delivering data and analytics of applications to provide insights project stakeholders.
- Experience with ETL/ELT, data modeling, data analysis, or machine learning on a big data platform.
- Experience using SQL (or a SQL-like language)
- Experience working with big data platforms using pipeline technologies (ie. Spark, Airflow, etc.) and/or game analytics tools (Unity Analytics, Unreal, 3rd party, etc) to support a variety of reports and feedback.
- Strong understanding of software development and project management processes and practices.
- Strong ability to work with various producers, developers and testers across multiple studios and projects.
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Plastic, JIRA, Confluence and other project tracking/version control/bug database software.
- Portfolio of professional experience in one or more of the following fields: data analytics, project management using various techniques including agile development methodologies and others.
- Demonstrated experience working with, or alongside others on industry tools for creating content in game engines such as: Unity, Unreal, various programming languages, industry hardware?
- MS or other degree in games, interactive media, management, data analytics, computer science, or related field?
- Certifications such as PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO.
- Programming experience highly preferred.
- Experience in the games industry preferred.
- Experience teaching in a higher education setting?
- Track record of effective, progressive, and inspiring teaching and/or mentoring?
- Demonstrated commitment to contributing to and promoting a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion through teaching, research, creative practice, and service.?
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity as a core value: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Clark University offers a generous benefit package for full and, if applicable, part-time employees that include; paid time off, generous retirement plan, group health and dental insurance, life insurance, and tuition, along with use of many campus amenities. For a complete list of benefits for eligible employees visit here.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio or website (if applicable)
- Statement of teaching
- Diversity Statement
- Names and contact information for 3 references.
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
A successful background check is required upon acceptance.