Mount Mary University is seeking an individual to join our community and contribute to the realization of our Mission through the role of a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Nursing. We are a community of faculty who value relationships with our students and colleagues. We are committed to a compassionate and effective undergraduate education for our students. This position includes service to the University and teaching responsibilities, including providing classroom, clinical, and simulation instruction with an expectation of continued professional development.
- Prepare and deliver instruction; assess student performance
- Nursing curriculum development and revision
- Teach a range of BSN courses, clinical, and lab in advanced medical surgical courses as well as foundations.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of established professional codes of ethics and best practices for baccalaureate nursing education
- Demonstrate commitment to promoting inclusiveness and cultural competence; experience working with underrepresented students and students from at-risk backgrounds
- Contribute to curriculum and program review
- Manifest a commitment to the mission of Mount Mary University
- Incorporate effective teaching practices across a range of course offerings
- Mentor students as a Faculty Advisor
- Contribute to accreditation activities in support of the program
- Participate in program recruitment and marketing
- Engage students in undergraduate research
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with Mount Mary students, employees, and alumnae
- Collaborate in a team environment including the ability to work with diverse groups, facilitate group processes and foster effective decision making
- Serve on faculty assembly, Nursing, and University committees
- Provide service to the institution and the community
- Participate in grant writing and acquisition of external funding
- Engage in ongoing scholarship and professional activity (research, publications, presentations)
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in clinical supervision
- Previous experience teaching a diverse study body is desired
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required PhD or DNP preferred
- Current, unencumbered Wisconsin nursing license is required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- Teaching experience in the classroom, laboratory, and simulation environments
- Significant experience in leadership, education, and research or scholarship.
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.