Assistant Professor - Art Therapy - FT
- Mount Mary University
- Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Fine & Performing Arts, Education, Educational Administration & Leadership
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Mount Mary University is seeking an individual to join our community and contribute to the realization of our Mission through the role of an Assistant Professor in our Graduate Art Therapy program. We are a community of faculty who value relationships with our students and colleagues. We are committed to a compassionate and effective education for our students. This position includes service to the University and teaching responsibilities, including classroom instruction and student advising, with an expectation of continued professional development.Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver instruction; assess student performance.
- Teach a range of graduate art therapy courses. Incorporate effective teaching practices across a range of course offerings.Provide academic advisement and mentoring of students.Contribute to curriculum development and ongoing program review.Provide service to the Department with a focus on building community within and outside the graduate program. To include community-building events for students and fostering Alumni relations. Take the lead on coordinating the Annual Mount Mary University Spring Art Therapy Symposium.Participate in applicant reviews and interviewing.
- Collaborate in a team environment including the ability to work with diverse groups, facilitate group processes, and foster effective decision-making.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of established professional codes of ethics for the field of art therapy.
- Demonstrate commitment to promoting inclusiveness and cultural competence. Manifest a commitment to the mission of Mount Mary University.Participate in program recruitment and marketing, internally and externally.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with Mount Mary students, employees, and alumnae. Serve on Faculty Assembly, and Art Therapy, and University committees.Provide service to the institution and the community.Collaborate with the University's donor relations, alumni relations, and marketing offices. Engage in ongoing scholarship and professional activity (research, publications, presentations).Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience teaching art therapy at the graduate level (full-time or adjunct).
- Previous experience teaching a diverse study body is desired.
- At least five years of experience working as an art therapist.
- Ph.D. or DAT strongly preferred (required for tenure track). Master of Science of Masters of Art in Art Therapy required (non-tenure track).
- ATR-BC required (or plan to acquire the BC in first three months of hire)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- Experience working as an art therapist in multiple settings/populations (clinical and/or community).
- Experience supervising students and/or providing clinical supervision.
- Eligibility for Wisconsin counseling license preferred.
- Significant experience in leadership, education, and research or scholarship.
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversityMount Mary Universityhttps://mtmary.applicantpro.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert