Faculty Full TimeBenefit Status:
School of NursingApplications Open:
Oct 18 2022 Applications Close:
Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The UMass Lowell Susan and Alan Solomont School of Nursing seeks a full-time tenure-track faculty member with an established program of research or solid research trajectory. Priority research areas include health promotion, the healthcare workforce, and historically excluded and underserved populations. All faculty in the School are expected to engage in service to the School and College. We seek applicants recognized for scholarly productivity, ability to work with diverse populations, and excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate may be appointed at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level, depending upon qualifications.
About UMass Lowell:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell, located about 25 miles northwest of Boston in the high-tech corridor of Massachusetts, is public research university. UMass Lowell has experienced dramatic growth in research funding, total endowments, and student enrollment over the past eight years. It is a Carnegie Classification Doctoral University – Higher Research Activity and conducts more than $65 million in sponsored research annually. Located 30 miles north of Boston, faculty at UMass Lowell collaborate with clinical sites and researchers in Boston and surrounding areas.
Solomont School of Nursing Overview:
A growing and dynamic school established in 1968, the Solomont School of Nursing enrolls over 550 nursing students in the BS, RN to BS, Master’s, Doctor of Nursing Practice and PhD in Nursing programs and has 19 full-time faculty members. Faculty have diverse interests and conduct research in the areas of health disparities, correctional worker health, occupational health, pediatrics, and women’s health.
The Solomont School of Nursing is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences. The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences is a dynamic, growing College that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields. Faculty research within the Zuckerberg College ranges from the lab bench to clinical interventions and community projects. Research programs with significant funding and vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs. The College is a leader in interprofessional education, research and practice opportunities for faculty and students. Opportunities for research linkages exist with other UMass Lowell Colleges, Research Centers and across the 5-campus UMass system.
UMass Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in these areas.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Candidates must hold an earned research doctorate in nursing or a related field from an accredited institution
- Candidates with a doctorate in a field other than nursing must have a master’s degree in nursing
- Candidates must hold an active RN license and a Massachusetts RN license is required prior to the start of the employment
RN experience in the United States
- Previous and recent publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Teaching experience in four-year University/College institutions, including graduate teaching required for candidates seeking Associate/Full Professor
Be at, or have credentials consistent with, the rank:
*Candidates seeking Assistant Professor must have a beginning program of research and a clear research trajectory
*Candidates seeking Associate Professor must currently be at, or have credentials consistent with, tenured Associate Professor with a strong record of scholarship and recent or current extramurally supported research
*Candidates seeking Full Professor must currently be a tenured Associate or Full Professor with a strong record and evidence of recent scholarship and a consistent and current record of extramurally supported research
Additional Considerations (Preferred):
• Post-doctoral education experience is strongly preferred for candidates seeking Assistant Professor
• Editorial board experience
• Active involvement/leadership in national organizations
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin on November 1st and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include the following required documents with your application.
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement/philosophy to include a description of previous teaching experience
- Research statement, including past research accomplishments and future plan
- Copy of three recent research publications (upload publications (3) as one file)
- Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application. References will be contacted after the initial search committee interview. One reference must be/have been a supervisor.