Instructor – Occupational Therapist - 27081 Faculty Description University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Developmental Pediatrics, JFK Partners Instructor – Occupational Therapist Position #00750862 – Requisition #27081
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons. Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons. Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. Department of Pediatrics, Section of Developmental Pediatrics, JFK Partners has an opening for a full-time Instructor – Occupational Therapist position. Nature of Work:
This position reports directly to the Occupational Therapy Discipline Director, and will engage in an interdisciplinary program of academic, clinical, and community experiences in evaluation, diagnosis, and development and provision of evidence-based interventions for children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other developmental disabilities. Clinical duties will be in both early intervention and in JFK Partners Neurodevelopmental Disabilities clinic in Developmental Pediatrics.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
. Position Emphasis:
Provision of occupational therapy (OT) and transdisciplinary services to families of children with identified developmental disabilities or those who are at risk for a developmental disability as a member of the ENRICH interdisciplinary early intervention team. Provision of in-home consultation with other team members on the ENRICH early intervention team. Attendance at the scheduled ENRICH meetings to provide support and consultation to other team members. Assisting in training OT LEND Fellows on OT assessments and clinic procedures for the interdisciplinary autism clinical team evaluations. Training and supervision of newly licensed occupational therapists (OT LEND Fellows) in the provision of early intervention services, as needed. Training and supervision of occupational therapy clinical fieldwork students (Level 1 and Level 2), as needed. Provision of occupational therapy evaluations as part of interdisciplinary clinical assessment teams through the Section of Developmental Pediatrics of Children's Hospital Colorado. Additional responsibilities, duties, and/or activities may be added or modified upon agreement with the Section Head of Developmental Pediatrics.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable. Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $55,000 to $58,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Conditions of Employment
- Must have completed at least a Master's degree in Occupational Therapy
- Must be licensed in the State of Colorado
- Proven experience and familiarity working with children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other neurodevelopmental disabilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check.
- Must have Colorado Driver's license and auto insurance.
- Knowledge of child development milestones related to language and communication development.
- Experience providing Occupational Therapy services to children and youth with disabilities and their families.
- Ability to write descriptive, complete thoughts in assessment or treatment progress notes.
- Experience in executing occupational therapy evaluations on an interdisciplinary team, utilizing multiple assessments, and providing detailed feedback to families.
- Ability to write comprehensive and individualized clinic reports.
- Understanding of early intervention service systems in Colorado.
- Background in transdisciplinary teaming practices.
- Experience providing parent education around typical child development.
- Experience in conducting occupational therapy assessments for children 18 months – 21 years of age.
- Passion for advocacy within neurodiverse populations.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, refer to requisition 27081. Application deadline is as soon as possible. Questions should be directed to: Melissa Argenti at [email protected]
. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers
and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Job Category
: Faculty Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 21457 - SOM-PEDS DEV PEDS-GENOPS Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Aug 17, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Melissa Argenti Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00750862
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency