- Hampden-Sydney College
- Hampden Sydney, Virginia (US)
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Registrar & Student Accounts
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Hampden-Sydney College invites applications for the position of Registrar, a full-time appointment. The Registrar reports to the Dean of the Faculty and organizes, plans, directs, and administers all activities associated with the Registrar’s Office. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a correspondent and counselor to students, faculty, parents, and administration regarding student academic information and policies.
- Coordinating tasks with the Associate Registrar. Ensuring that academic policies are kept up-to-date and enforced.
- Monitoring the release of all academic information, including transcripts.
- Managing the registration and degree audit modules of the administrative software system.
- Maintaining graduation audits for all students and counseling students, seniors in particular, about requirements remaining for graduation.
- Coordinating course scheduling, online class registration and course rosters with the faculty each semester.
- Planning, organizing, and supervising the matriculation for the opening of the College each semester.
The position requires a master’s degree, at least five to seven years of experience, and an extensive knowledge of current practices related to the work of a registrar. The successful applicant will have a mastery of data management and presentation methods, and a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks and to work effectively with a variety of people within and outside the College. Familiarity with the Jenzabar or similar student information system is a plus, though not a requirement.
Hampden-Sydney College is a selective liberal arts institution enrolling approximately 1000 students. Founded in 1775, it is the tenth oldest institution of higher learning in the United States. Our beautiful 1300-acre campus is less than seven miles from downtown Farmville, home to Longwood University and the Moton Museum, which is listed on the U.S. Civil Rights Trail. The campus is located 65 miles west of Richmond, 50 miles east of Lynchburg, and 75 miles south of Charlottesville, providing abundant cultural, recreational and artistic resources. Hampden-Sydney is one of four liberal arts colleges in the United States dedicated to the education of men, and our mission is to educate "good men and good citizens in an atmosphere of sound learning." As a community, we are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse campus committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women and minoritized groups. Hampden-Sydney College values diversity, prohibits discrimination, and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three professional references via our website http://www.hsc.edu/human-resources/job-openings. Questions about this position may be addressed to Dr. Eric Dinmore, Associate Dean of the Faculty, at [email protected] Review of applications will begin on October 31, and the position will remain open until filled.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert