Head of Instruction and Engagement for the University Library
- Drew University
- Madison, NJ
- Faculty Jobs
- Professional Fields, Library & Information Sciences
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Librarians & Library Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
- Lead a team of reference/instruction librarians and participate as an equal partner in these activities. Create and deliver course-related and course-integrated reference and instruction in virtual, in-person, and hybrid environments. Work with the Reference and Instruction team to create instructional materials, activities, tutorials and online guides that support student learning. Evaluate and participate in assessment of these programs to measure the impact on student learning.
This position offers some possibility for flexible work arrangements; however, the expectation is that the successful candidate will work primarily on-site.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA accredited library program.
- Three years of professional experience related to reference and instruction in an academic or research library.
- Creativity, initiative, and interest in innovative approaches to reference, instruction and public services.
- Demonstrated understanding of cutting edge issues and trends in reference and instruction.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to foster positive working relationships and build partnerships.
- Effective time, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to work independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and effectively with faculty.
- Must have willingness to experiment and take risks in the profession.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Second advanced degree in an academic discipline, preferably in the social sciences.
- Demonstrated effective leadership in appropriate library management positions.
- Experience using social media to effectively engage user populations.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit the following materials.
- Cover letter
- Contact Information of 3 professional references
Open until filled. Application review will begin on November 11, 2022 on a rolling basis; early applications are encouraged.
About Drew University:
Drew University, a Phi Beta Kappa liberal arts university, includes the College of Liberal Arts, the Drew Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies. Drew is located on a beautiful campus in Madison, New Jersey, a thriving small town close to New York City. It has a total enrollment of more than 2,200 students and has 136 full-time faculty members, 96% of whom hold the terminal degree in their field. The Theological and Caspersen schools offer master’s and doctoral degrees, and the College confers BA and BS degrees in over 50 disciplines.
Drew’s one-of-a-kind, leading edge path to an undergraduate degree, Launch, ensures that every student graduates with a purpose, sought-after transferable skills, a network of mentors, and an experience-based résumé—guaranteed. Particularly noteworthy opportunities for undergraduates include the Charles A. Dana Research Institute for Scientists Emeriti (RISE), , the Drew Summer Science Institute (DSSI), the Center for Civic Engagement, as well as New York City semesters focusing on Communications & Media, Contemporary Art, Museums & Cultural Management, New York Theatre, Social Entrepreneurship, Wall Street, and the United Nations.
Drew also houses the Center on Religion, Culture & Conflict, the Center for Holocaust/Genocide Study and the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, an independent professional theater, as well as the United Methodist Archives and History Center.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Following federal and state requirements, a candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States if selected for hire.
Drew University, located on a beautiful, wooded, 186-acre campus in Madison, New Jersey, includes the College of Liberal Arts, the Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies. It has a total enrollment of more than 2,100 students with 145 full-time faculty members. Over 35% of our undergraduate students are from underrepresented groups, and we were recently ranked 19th among baccalaureate institutions for the number of international students enrolled. The Theological and Caspersen Schools offer master’s and doctoral degrees, and the College confers bachelor’s degrees in 32 disciplines.
Drew is dedicated to exceptional faculty mentorship and hands-on learning that successfully prepares students for their futures. Students regularly connect with local communities, and because of our proximity to New York City, we are home to multiple New York Semester experiences for our undergraduate students: Wall Street, United Nations, Contemporary Art, Communications and Media, Social Entrepreneurship, and New York Theatre. The University also houses the Charles A. Dana Research Institute for Scientists Emeriti, the Center for Global Education, the Center for Civic Engagement, the Center on Religion, Culture & Conflict, and the United Methodist Archives and History Center. Drew also recently received a multi-year grant to transform teaching and learning in the humanities by incorporating emerging digital technologies, methods, and pedagogies.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, a successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. These positions are subject to a background check.
36 Madison Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert