Assistant or Associate Professor, Educator, CEAS, Mechanical Engineering
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Engineering & Mathematics, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
The Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering within the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Cincinnati (UC) invites applications for one non-tenure track position at the level of an Assistant or Associate Professor Educator to support its educational mission. The primary responsibility will be teaching selected mechanical engineering/mechanical engineering technology undergraduate courses (and graduate-level courses as needed) to CEAS students at UC and in China. All courses will be taught in English and will include, but not be limited to the following courses: (1) Statics and Particle Dynamics; (2) Manufacturing Processes; (3) Solid Mechanics; (4) Thermodynamics; (5) Heat Transfer; (6) System Dynamics and Vibrations; and (7) Fluid Mechanics.It is required for this position to teach one semester (about four months) per academic year at a collaborative Chinese university, including but not limited to the Joint Co-op Institute (JCI) at Chongqing University (CQU) in Chongqing, China. JCI is a joint venture between UC and Chongqing University in Chongqing, China.Primary Duties
- Course preparation and curriculum development.
- Delivering lectures (in-person/online) and instructing laboratories.
- Holding office hours.
- Grading and preparing assessment materials.
- Additional responsibilities will include participation in service activities and duties assigned by Department Head, as needed, such as membership in committees and interaction with External Advisory Board.
- Must have a PhD in the field of Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.For the Associate Professor Educator-level appointment, must also have at least two academic years of university-level experience teaching Mechanical Engineering courses, which include at least two of the seven above-listed courses.
- Initial appointment is up to three years and may be renewed. It is required for this position to teach one semester (about 4 months) per academic year at a collaborative Chinese university, including but not limited to the Joint Co-op Institute (JCI) at Chongqing University (CQU) in Chongqing, China. JCI is a joint venture between UC and Chongqing University in Chongqing, China. Anticipated work load is three courses per semester.
- Cover Letter. Current CV.List of references (3) – names and contact information. Should we move forward with your application we will contact referencesFor consideration at the Assistant Professor Educator rank, also provide a one-page narrative of teaching Philosophy.For consideration at the Associate Professor Educator rank, also provide a two-page narrative of teaching philosophy and teaching experience.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert