Post Doc Fellow, Information Technology Education Lab, School of Information Technology
- University of Cincinnati
- Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Science & Technology, Computer Science & Information Technology
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Auxiliary Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
The School of Information Technology is a diverse, interdisciplinary, team-oriented, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment with a vision to advance society through the discovery and integration of solutions that meets the needs of people, information, and the technology of the time.
The SoIT receives more than $4M in annual funding for research, education, and service programs. The SoIT has been growing at 19% annually and currently serves more than 1,700 students with 29 full-time faculty members and 21 full-time staff. The SoIT confers an ABET accredited Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT), a Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT), and a Doctor of Philosophy in Information Technology (PhD IT).
More information about the SoIT can be found at https://cech.uc.edu/schools/it.html.Job Overview
The School of Information Technology (SoIT) at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for a one-year Post-Doctoral position to begin November 1, 2022, or as soon as practical. Renewal is contingent upon the candidate’s productivity and the availability of funding. Review of the applications will start as soon as applicants apply and will continue until the position is filled.
The successful applicant will be the inaugural scholar in the new Information Technology Education Lab. Responsibilities include collaborating on research studies to identify factors and skills that impact how to be a successful learner and professional in information technology. In addition, responsibilities include collaborating on research design, data collection, management, and analyses, preparation of grant proposals, and preparation of manuscripts and conference presentations. Responsibilities may also include participation in graduate and undergraduate student mentoring. The scholar will work in a team-based environment.Essential Functions
- Gather and analyze data and develop new ideas that promote current research.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, manuscripts and presentations of research results.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentation; may assist in grant writing.
- Keep informed of developments in field to maintain and enhance professional expertise.
- May teach techniques to others, train, and mentor junior research staff.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Play an active role in seeking career and research advice, both from the faculty supervisor and from other faculty members as well.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
A Ph.D. in information technology, education technology, or a related field is required.Required Experience
- In-depth knowledge of specialized field, process or discipline.
- May require experience with specialized software programs.
- Advanced training in statistics or methods of causal inference.
- Research interests in information technology education.
- Leadership experience.
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter.
- Full curriculum vitae.
- Statement of research interest.
- List of at least three (3) references.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert