Assistant Professor of Management (Strategy)
- The University of North Georgia
- UNG-Dahlonega, GA
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Professional Fields, Business & Management
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 250556
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Department Information The Department of Management and Marketing is the largest department in the Mike Cottrell College of Business (MCCB) and offers majors in marketing and in management, with concentrations in Entrepreneurship, Digital Marketing, Professional Sales, and Supply Chain Management in the BBA degree program. The MCCB is an AACSB-accredited business school, with over 4,400 students. The College includes the Center for Cyber Operations Education, Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and the BB&T Center for Ethical Leadership. In addition to the BBA, the college offers undergraduate degrees in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, and Technology Management, and two associate degrees. Graduate programs include the Cottrell MBA, Master of Accountancy, and three graduate certificates. The international group of teacher-scholars provides an exceptional learning community to prepare students for their professional roles and to engage with business and industry in the region to foster economic development. The MCCB will move into its new home on the Dahlonega campus in fall 2022. The Cottrell Center for Business, Technology & Innovation will provide a state-of-the-art learning environment focused on student and faculty engagement. Job Summary The Department of Management and Marketing in the Mike Cottrell College of Business at the University of North Georgia (UNG) invites applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Management (Strategy) beginning with the Fall 2023 semester. The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses on multiple campuses. The successful applicant will value a student-centered, experiential learning approach in the classroom and engage in quality scholarship activities. Responsibilities
- Use innovative teaching and learning techniques to provide high quality undergraduate management-related courses such as strategic management and fundamentals of management;
- Produce peer-reviewed theoretical, applied, or pedagogical research related to business/management strategy related to the teaching discipline;
- Engage with the business community to further the goals of the Mike Cottrell College of Business (ex. connecting students to potential employers for internships/jobs); and, Participate as an active and contributing member to provide service to the department, College and University.
- A PhD or DBA in management with a primary focus on strategic management from an AACSB-accredited institution, is required at time of hire. Applicants are also required to have a record of or show potential to maintain excellent teaching and scholarship accomplishments in the area of strategic management; a commitment to business education is required.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning practices;Knowledge of theoretical, pedagogical and applied concepts in the area of strategic management; Ability to integrate best practices from industry;Ability to work as part of a collaborative team; Passion for working with students to develop their skills and expertise.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Other Information
- This is not a supervisory position.
- This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
- Yes, this position will be required to drive.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.
The University of North Georgia is a member of the University System of Georgia and holds designations as a state leadership institution and as The Military College of Georgia. With more than 18,000 students, the University of North Georgia is one of the state’s largest public universities. The regional, multi-campus university offers more than 100 programs of study ranging from certificate and associate’s degrees to professional doctoral programs.
The University of North Georgia's educational experience provides a solid foundation to help students become civic, professional and military leaders who serve communities locally and globally. UNG's student-focused environment includes quality education, service, inquiry, and creativity.
UNG is one of only six senior military colleges in the United States and its residential Army ROTC program consistently ranks among the best in the country. UNG competes in NCAA Division II in baseball, softball, golf, basketball, soccer, mixed rifle, and women's cross country.
The University of North Georgia has seven academic colleges and institutes: the College of Arts and Letters, the Mike Cottrell College of Business, the College of Science and Mathematics, the College of Education, the College of Health Professions, University College, and the Lewis F. Rogers Institute for Environmental and Spatial Analysis.
At the undergraduate level, UNG offers the Associate of Arts (A.A.) and the Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees and the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS); Bachelor of Arts (BA); Bachelor of Science (BS); Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA); Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA); and Bachelor of Science-Nursing (BSN).
Graduate degrees offered at UNG include: Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT); Education Specialist in School Leadership (EDSSL); Master of Education (Med); Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT); Master of Arts in history (MA); Master of Arts in International Affairs (MAIA); Master of Science in clinical mental health counseling (MS); Master of Science in family nurse practitioner (MS); Master of Science in nursing education (MS); Master of Science in physical education (MS); Master of Science in criminal justice (MS); Master of Public Administration (MPA); Master of Business Administration (MBA); Master of Music (MM).
The University of North Georgia was formed through the consolidation of North Georgia College & State University and Gainesville State College, two of the top-performing schools in the University System of Georgia, in January 2013. Positioned in the fastest-growing region of the state, UNG comprises five campuses and online opportunities united by a single mission focused on academic excellence and academic and co-curricular programs that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society.
UNG’s campuses are located across the northeast Georgia region in Blue Ridge, Cumming, Dahlonega, Gainesville, and Oconee County. With easy access to metro Atlanta and Georgia's mountain and piedmont areas, the region features vibrant cultural and recreational opportunities, including Lake Lanier and the the Appalachian Trail.
The University of North Georgia is part of the University System of Georgia Complete College Georgia (CCG) initiative to improve the retention, progression, and graduation of students. Grounded in the successes and strengths of the past and inspired by the potential of the new University of North Georgia, UNG's Complete College Georgia plan seeks to advance educational attainment in the northern part of the state, contributing to the region's workforce and economic prosperity.
To obtain application information for the University of North Georgia, call the Admissions Office at 706-864-1800, or for a closer look at the university, visit www.ung.edu.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert