To provide safe transportation for Upward Bound students, assuring that all students are picked up and dropped off on schedule. The Van Driver is responsible for safely operating the van or alternative vehicle to transport students to and from their designated pick-up and drop-off locations. Duties and Responsibilities
List the primary job duties and responsibilities
- Transport students to and from designated pick-up and drop-off locations
- Ensure that any behavioral issues do not compromise the safety of any students on the van.
- Perform daily sign on and sign off sheets, accounting by name all students getting on and off the van.
- Ensure that all passengers wear seat belts or are placed in appropriate
- Ensure that no student is ever left unattended while on the van
- Perform a complete visual safety check of each van driven on a daily basis, completing daily and pre and post trip checklists.
- Keep interior of van clean daily, and van exterior as needed.
- Report any needed van repairs.
- Convey any messages from parents to the teacher, as well as, any incidents on the van.
- Record mileage and submit gas receipts.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least a junior or senior in college, or a graduate student.
- Experience driving vans and working with low-income, first-generation students
- Must have exceptional interpersonal communication
- Good written and oral communication skills and basic math skills
- Ability to maintain schedules while meeting needs of students
- Valid, unexpired Commercial Driver's License
The working conditions should be identified in this section - regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, and so forth.
- Travel required Van Drivers may be require to attend college visits with students.
- Evening/night/weekend work Van Drivers are required to work twice a month on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., from October 2022 to May 2023.
Standing or sitting for extended periods of time.Direct reports