Visiting Assistant Professor of PsychologyJob Description:
As a part of diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the Department of Psychological Sciences and Counseling seeks qualified applicants for the position of full-time, visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology with an open area of expertise with a preference toward an experimental or applied field. The Assistant Professor of Psychology will promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by teaching undergraduate level courses in psychological science within the department. This position reports to the Chair of the Department of Psychological Science and Counseling, Assistant Dean of the School of Behavioral and Social Sciences, and the Dean of Arts and Sciences. This is a one-year, non-tenure track appointment with the possibility of renewal for up to three years.
The Department of Psychological Science and Counseling has both Bachelors of Science and Bachelors of Arts degrees in Psychological Science, as well as Masters of Science degrees in Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling. There are currently approximately 80 majors and 175 minors in Psychological Science, and in Counseling there are 18 in Mental Health Counseling and 9 in School Counseling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Teach undergraduate level courses in psychological science within the department. Teaching load: 24 credits per academic year.
- Maintain an active program of research and/or other professional activities
- Actively participate in faculty meetings, departmental functions, and university service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until January 1st 2023
- Doctoral degree in experimental psychology or related applied field. ABD will be considered.
- We are particularly interested in candidates who could teach assessment, statistical methods, research methods, and an area of expertise as well as general psychology and human growth and development.
- Teaching experience in higher education preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, collaborative, and able to work independently with colleagues throughout the university and in the community.
- Commitment to multicultural competence, best practices in teaching, high ethical standards, diversity, and community service/engagement.
- Involvement in state, regional, and/or national professional associations.
. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Please email Jeff Kellogg, [email protected]
, Chair of Psychological Science and Counseling, with any questions about the position.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P069FNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: