TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
The Department of Food, Bioprocessing, and Nutrition Sciences at NC State is looking for a time-limited instructional design assistant with experience providing administrative, instructional design, and other support for instructional design initiatives. This position combines instructional design, instructional technology, administrative, and research skills. This individual reports to and assists the department’s Senior Instructional Designer and overall grant project manager with the review of multiple lessons, learning modules, and faculty training documents to successfully execute a grant project awarded by the US Department of Agriculture Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grant program. This position may require collaboration and interaction with a variety of stakeholders (i.e., faculty members, industry members, evaluation personnel, instructional designers, etc.) to review and improve course materials. This position requires a highly motivated, organized, and independent self-starter with the ability to solve problems, pivot when needed, review course materials and provide solutions.
Assist the Senior Instructional Designer and Project Manager with the following:
Is Time Limited:
- Review of instructional materials
- Perform quality assurance reviews of instructional materials, assessments, activities, etc.
- Complete administrative and clerical functions
- Provide research assistance
- Other duties as assigned
NoJob City & State:
Temporary Instructional Design AssistantWork Schedule:
10 hours per week, flexible scheduleOther Work/Responsibilities:Minimum Experience/Education:
Department Required Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar and experience in instructional design for online and blended learning programs.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
- Experience working effectively with faculty, students, and staff members in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Experience in academic coursework development and production.
- Excellent verbal, creative, communication, collaboration, time management, and presentation skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and deal with multiple constituencies concurrently to meet deadlines.
Required License or Certification:Valid NC Driver's License required?:
- Master’s degree in instructional design or educational technology.
- Experience with food product development
- Familiarity with Quality Matters.
- Experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of accessibility requirements for online course delivery.
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$12-$17/hrJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.