Assistant Professor/Associate Professor-Human Development Family Science
- East Carolina University
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Child Development & Family Studies, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Medical Research
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor-Human Development Family SciencePosition Number :
932077Vacancy Open to :
All CandidatesDepartment :
AAH Human Develo and Family ScienceDepartment Homepage :
https://hhp.ecu.edu/hdfsAdvertising Department :
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY SCIENCEDivision :
Academic AffairsClassification Title :
Assistant Professor/Associate ProfessorWorking Title :
Assistant Professor/Associate ProfessorNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Faculty (Teaching)Job Category :
Faculty (Teaching)Organizational Unit Overview:
- The Department of Human Development and Family Science is one of eight units in the College of Health and Human Performance. It has approximately 550 full-time students and 120 licensure-only students enrolled in one of four undergraduate programs: family and community services, birth-kindergarten teacher education, family and consumer sciences education, and child life. An additional 85 students are enrolled in one of three master’s programs: human development and family science, birth-kindergarten teacher education, marriage and family therapy, or a Ph.D. program in medical family therapy. The department houses the Nancy W. Darden Child Development Center, the Redditt House: Medical Family Therapy Research Academy, and the ECU Family Therapy Clinic. See http://www.ecu.edu/cs-hhp/hdfs/index.cfm for more information about the department, college, and university. The Medical Family Therapy program serves as the first of its kind in the nation and the MFT program was the first to be COAMFTE accredited in the state of North Carolina. Both programs hold a strong standing with the COAMFTE.
- The Department of Human Development and Family Science at East Carolina University (ECU) invites applications for a nine-month tenure-track faculty position (Assistant/Associate Level) in the program areas of Medical Family Therapy (MedFT) and Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT), with an investment in serving as the MedFT program director starting August, 2023. Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2022, and continue until the position has been filled.
- The department seeks an innovative, culturally, and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber skilled in the scholarship of leadership, research, teaching, clinical supervision, and the application of knowledge.
- Responsibilities include: Directing the nationally-recognized MedFT program, developing an active research program, securing external funding; teaching undergraduate and graduate courses; supervising master’s and doctoral level MFT students; chair theses dissertations on.
- Advise MedFT/MFT students; and provide service to the profession, university, and community. Program director responsibilities are consistent with COAMFTE Key Element 2A whereby direction and oversight of the program is offered continuously throughout the year, with additional stipend based on financial availability.
- There is an expectation to be collegial and collaborative with students, staff, faculty, and administration.
Contingent on Available FundingMinimum Education/Experience :
- Earned Ph.D. in Medical Family Therapy, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a related field including but not limited to Human Development & Family Science and Public Health.
Qualifying degrees must be received from regionally accredited institutions.License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
- Eligible for North Carolina Licensure; AAMFT Approved Supervisor.
- Leadership, research, teaching, and/or training in medical family therapy and experience as a program director for a COAMFTE MS or PhD program are preferred.
- Familiarity with accreditation, site visits, standard review committees, and/or COAMFTE commissioner encouraged.
- AAMFT Clinical Fellow, committee member, and/or chair of a completed thesis and/or dissertation preferred.
- Strong research record commensurate with the level of experience and a well-developed research agenda.
- Commitment to excellence in research, grant writing, teaching, and clinical supervision.
Application screening begins November 10, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. In order to apply, candidates must submit the following materials online at www.jobs.ecu.edu:
1) Cover letter addressing position description and briefly summarizing your education relative to the position. Also, we invite candidates to include how they can contribute to a culture of diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility.
2) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
3) A list of three references with contact information who can attest to your teaching, research, the potential for securing funding, and service in higher education.
4) Copy of transcript from all graduate education programs from colleges/universities attended.
As part of the screening process, the references provided may be contacted. At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required.
Applicants must complete a candidate profile by creating an account (see “Create Account” by following link below) online via the PeopleAdmin system (https://ecu.peopleadmin.com). Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered by the applicant in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system. Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement. For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to Lee Gaylord (HDFS 932077) East Carolina University, College of Health and Human Performance 1000 East 5th Street, Rivers West 238 Mail stop 505, Greenville, NC 27858
For further information, please contact:Angela Lamson, PhD, MedFT/MFT Search Committee ChairNancy W, Darden Distinguished ProfessorDepartment of Human Development and Family ScienceCollege of Health and Human Performance112C Rivers West Mailstop #505East Carolina UniversityGreenville, NC 27858-4353[email protected]252-737-2042
Salary is competitive and commensurate with achievement and experience. It is expected that this position will begin August 2023.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
10/11/2022Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
Associate Professor, Assistant ProfessorQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.
ECU offers a challenging academic environment and an energetic campus life. We are committed to excellence through a talented and diverse faculty and staff. One of the perks of working at ECU is that you can take up to 9 credit hours of classes per year at no cost to you. There is also a textbook loan program in place available to permanent ECU staff and faculty, or their eligible dependent children or spouse. ECU also offers excellent benefits, including health care and retirement plans, and generous leave time.
Scholarship. Discovery. Service. Leadership.
Here, those values are more than just buzzwords. They indicate the wealth of opportunity that ECU students experience while engaging in the rigorous pursuit of knowledge. They define the many ways in which students innovate and forge new paths. They encompass the life lessons our students learn while serving others and improving communities. They emphasize the encouragement our students receive to stand up and lead the way into a brighter tomorrow. http://www.ecu.edu/cs-acad/admissions/whyecu.cfm
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University:
- Uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access;
- Prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society;
- Develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change;
- Discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond;
- Transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and
- Improves quality of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert