Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Hofstra University, an NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Colonial Athletic Association, is seeking a highly motivated individual for the full-time, 12-month position of Athletic Facilities Coordinator.
The Athletic Facilities Coordinator is a member of the athletic department’s facilities management staff team and works closely with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities as well as the Associate and Assistant Directors of Athletic Facilities. This position is responsible for all facets of day-to-day activities associated with the management of preparing and breaking down a facility pre and post use by athletic teams and events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for hiring student crews for event set-ups and breakdowns in athletic facilities.
· Assist with game operations of Hofstra Athletics home events.
· Perform daily tasks as assigned by senior staff.
· Complete the necessary maintenance of various equipment found in athletic facilities.
· Responsible for the changeover of athletic facilities from one event to the next.
· Make sure bubble is set up properly prior to rental groups arriving and is clean once rental groups depart.
· Check bubble temperature and static pressure to make sure all systems are performing properly.
· Daily walks through facilities to ensure equipment is put away and alert senior staff of any potential maintenance issues.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position requires working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Candidates must be willing and able to organize and handle all aspects of administration and adhere to the rules and regulations of Hofstra University, the Colonial Athletic Association, and the NCAA.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Sport event management and/or pool operations management.
· Knowledge or previous experiences with organizing and planning team fundraising events, clinics, and alumni engagement events.