Research Assistant- Biswas (901832)
- Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
- Monterey, CA
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, International Programs, Research Staff & Technicians
- Jobs Outside Higher Education
- Software & Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Middlebury Information and Communication Research Group (ICRG) research assistants (RAs) will be involved with:
- Collecting relevant data from available sources including
- Internal records such as from CRM systems
- Website visitation records from Google Analytics
- Social media and ad records
- Secondary research from online sources
- Primary research such as surveying where needed
- Analyzing collected data according with guidance given by the supervisor
- Applying selected frameworks and algorithms
- Manipulating data using tools such as MS Excel, SQL, Python & others
- Visualizing analysis using tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio
- Developing actionable recommendations from the analysis
Expected time commitment is 5-10 hrs/week
Working at Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, a graduate school of Middlebury College, provides international professional education in areas of critical importance to a rapidly changing global community, including international policy and management, translation and interpretation, language teaching, sustainable development, and non-proliferation. We prepare students from all over the world to make a meaningful impact in their chosen fields through degree programs characterized by immersive and collaborative learning, and opportunities to acquire and apply practical professional skills. Our students are emerging leaders capable of bridging cultural, organizational, and language divides to produce sustainable, equitable solutions to a variety of global challenges.
In 2010, the Institute became a graduate school of Middlebury College. Middlebury is known worldwide for its leadership in undergraduate language instruction and international studies, and features both summer language immersion programs and Schools Abroad in 16 countries and 37 cities around the globe. Middlebury is also home to the oldest environmental studies program in the nation.
Monterey and Middlebury share much more than a common interest in cross-cultural communication and the environment, though—we share a commitment to making a difference in the world, and are building a truly global network of programs for future leaders in areas from translation and interpretation to environmental policy, economic development to language education, conflict resolution to sustainable business.
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey offers graduate programs that prepare innovative professionals to provide leadership in cross-cultural, multilingual environments. Practical skills, collaborative processes, and innovative approaches are defining features of a Monterey Institute education. The Institute’s unique "Monterey Way" learning model ensures that students are learning through firsthand experiences in more than one language. Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey learners are problem solvers and process masters, building sustainable, equitable solutions for a global community through our interdisciplinary blend of business, policy, and language.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert