Clinical Track, Assistant or Associate Professor, Geriatrician
- Tulane University
- New Orleans, LA
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Medical Research, Medicine
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
New Orleans, LA
Oct 4, 2022
Tulane University School of Medicine and the Section of General Internal Medicine (GIM), Geriatrics, and Palliative Medicine is seeking a BC/BE Geriatrician who is hard-working, experienced, and results driven for program growth, education, and academic research within the Section of GIM and Geriatrics.
For Tulane and its’ faculty, this is an exciting and unparalleled opportunity to participate in the growth and expansion of Tulane’s medical services in New Orleans! Tulane boasts a top-ranked School of Public Health, an active research Center of Aging, and is a major participating partner with the Louisiana Cancer Research Center, University Medical Center-New Orleans, and the Southeastern Veterans Affairs Healthcare Center, all located within immediate proximity to the downtown School of Medicine. Candidates from underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply. No J-1, O-1 or H1-B visas, please. Rank will be commensurate with experience.
Physicians enjoy competitive salaries and benefits package including:
- wRVU productivity bonus available
- Tuition waiver for self and dependents at Tulane University for full-time physicians
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent vacation time including 20 days of vacation, 5 days of CME, and 7 clinic holidays.
- Medical or Osteopathic Degree required.
- Completion of an ACGME accredited Geriatric fellowship program.
- Board certification/board eligibility in Geriatrics.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Eligible for medical license in the state of Louisiana as well as CDS and DEA required.
- Ability to work as part of a professional team and to collaborate effectively with individuals within the University as well as with outside contractors.
- Skill in the understanding of, and sensitivity to, persons of all social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
Please use this link to apply: http://apply.interfolio.com/115053
Applicants are asked to provide their CV for review by the search committee. You may upload additional materials to your application. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
You may contact Geraldine Menard ([email protected]), Chief of General Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, and Palliative Medicine, with any questions about this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane is actively building a campus culture grounded in our values of EDI and anti-racism. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and those living with disabilities as well as veterans.
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert