Chemistry Adjunct Instructor (TEMPORARY)
Contra Costa College
Description of Position:
The Chemistry department is looking for a pool of part-time instructors qualified to teach Introductory Chemistry and General Chemistry, both lecture and lab. We offer both daytime and evening classes. Teaching modality may be in-person or hybrid.Instructors must be able to prepare and grade class assignments and exams; inform students of their academic progress of course requirements; follow evaluation procedures; maintain scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines; and be able to serve a student body that is diverse in age, ethnicity and academic skills.
Leslie Alexander, Chemistry Department ChairPhone: (510) 215-4160Email: [email protected]
EEO Job Category:
Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in chemistryORBachelor’s in chemistry or biochemistryANDMaster’s in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology or geochemistryOR the equivalent. (If you do not possess the listed degrees, you must complete the equivalency form provided in the online application.)
Desirable qualifications include a doctorate degree in chemistry or biochemistry, with practical hands-on experience in a broad range of experimental techniques, including synthesis, chromatography and spectroscopy.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
# of Months:
5 months (semester length) or open
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/8983
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency