Chemistry Adjunct Instructor
Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College inspires, educates, and empowers a diverse community of students to transform their lives and their communities. DVC instructors close the equity gaps by fostering success among all students.To further this work, the Pleasant Hill Campus of DVC is looking for adjunct instructors for our spring 2023 semester to provide college level instruction in Introductory Chemistry and General Chemistry. The position includes lecture and laboratory preparations and teaching, classroom management, and student assessment/evaluation. Successful applicants will demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic backgrounds and abilities of community college students.
(925) 969-4222[email protected]
EEO Job Category:
Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
D4100-Phy Sci/Engineering Tech
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):1. Master’s degree in chemistry OR2. Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biochemistry AND a master’s degree in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology, or geochemistry OR3. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time instruction in chemistry OR4. The equivalent. (If you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency form.)
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
# of Months:
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/8948
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency